Let’s be honest, ULTA Black Friday 2019 deals are mostly about discounts on prestige brands like bareMinerals, Urban Decay and more. Oh, and those Black Friday perfume deals for holiday gifts!
Here’s how to get all the ULTA holiday hot buys and what to avoid during Black Friday.
For Ulta deals all year round, check out our Ulta Deals Page!
1. ULTA’s Black Friday 2019 ad dropped Nov. 25.
Download the KCL app to see deals in real time once they’re live.
2. ULTA’s Black Friday 2019 store hours actually start on Thanksgiving.
ULTA Black Friday deals will show up online on Thursday evening at 5 p.m. ET. The store will open at 5 p.m. ET too, although you should double-check with your local store because hours can vary by location.
Learn more about Black Friday store hours for your favorite retailers.
3. Don’t go into the store on Black Friday! Shop ULTA.com.
The best strategy is to shop ULTA.com as soon as deals go live. There’s no reason to go in store, since deals are the same for both.
Also, don’t wait until Black Friday to shop ULTA, since all deals are “while supplies last” and the best ones always sell out first. Get your phone or laptop out on Thanksgiving and click away!
4. Do not miss Cyber Monday at ULTA — it’s basically ULTA Black Friday 2.0.
Cyber Monday at ULTA is basically an extension of some ULTA Black Friday deals, along with new deals like:
- Get 50% off tons of prestige brands like bareMinerals, Benefit, Urban Decay, Stila, Smashbox.
- Get a free prestige-brand gift with purchase. For example, get a 3-piece Urban Decay gift with a $40 Urban Decay purchase. Same for Too Faced, Benefit, bareMinerals, MAC, Lancome, Stila, Estee Lauder, NARS, Clinique, etc.
- Get $10 off your purchase of $50 or more with a promo code listed in the Cyber Monday ad.
RELATED: The Next Best Times to Shop Besides Black Friday.
5. Plan to spend at least $60 online so you can get a free gift with your purchase.
This year, you can get an 8-piece makeup gift set with any $60 purchase. Best part? It’s over $72 worth of free makeup.
Plus, you get free shipping when you spend at least $35 online.
Looking for a Morphe palette like Jeffree Star or James Charles? Skip ULTA.
And in the meantime, you get a discount when you follow this strategy: Sign up for Morphe emails and get a unique 10% off discount code for your first order to use on a Morphe James Charles palette or Jeffree Star palette by Morphe.
ULTA prices generally follow Morphe’s website prices. But, you’ll get an additional 10% off on your first order when you buy directly from Morphe, giving you good reason to pass on ULTA.
TIP: Use code JSTAR to get a 10% discount on Morphe stand-alone products anytime you’re buying from the Morphe website. Unfortunately, this code won’t work on influencer collaboration lines like Jeffree Star or James Charles.
7. Aim for at least 50% savings on everything from Urban Decay to bareMinerals.
Most of ULTA’s holiday hot buys during Black Friday offered about 50% off. Sometimes up to 80% off.
This year, there’s a mix of Black Friday deals on prestige and non-prestige brands:
- bareMinerals Gift Set: $15 (reg. $74) — 80% savings
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette: $27 (reg. $54) — 50% savings
- OPI nail polish: $5.25 each (reg. $10.50) — 50% savings
- Morphe Catch My Eye 6-piece brush set: $15.50 (reg. $36) — 47% savings
- Hot Tools curling irons & hair dryers:50% savings
- Prestige brand mascaras from Tarte, Urban Decay, Buxom, Pur, Smashbox or Lorac:$10 (reg. $21-24) — up to 58% savings
- ULTA Lip Glossary gift set: $9.99 (reg. $18) — 45% savings
8. Use a $3.50 off $15 ULTA coupon with your purchase.
Pay attention to ULTA coupon exclusions so you aren’t disappointed when you go to check out.
9. Buy The Body Shop brand items from ULTA, not The Body Shop.
The Body Shop offers the exact same Black Friday deals as ULTA does on their own products — 40% off all products, sitewide. But at ULTA, if you spend $60, you can get that free 9-piece gift set.
10. For Black Friday deals on shampoo and conditioner aim for savings of at least 59%.
Jumbo Love starts just a few weeks after Christmas, so hold off on Black Friday shampoo deals unless you can save at least 59% (the minimum savings during Jumbo Love).
During Jumbo Love, here are typical savings tiered by brand:
- $12.99 liters: Normally $21-31.50 (59% savings)
- $14.99 liters: Normally $20-53 (72% savings)
- $19.99 liters: Normally $29.95-55 (64% savings)
To compare Redken 10.1 oz. bottles are 50% off during Black Friday. This would’ve been a pass as it’s less than 59% savings
But TIGI jumbo bottles were only $8.99 during Black Friday 2018 at ULTA (71% savings).
This would be worth taking advantage of since it’s so close to the highest discount you’ll see during Jumbo Love.
11. Don’t buy Philosophy shower gel at ULTA — buy it at Macy’s instead.
12. Watch for deals on fragrance sampler sets and beauty gift boxes.
ULTA offers 50% off fragrance “flights” — a sampler of many different fragrances for men and women.
ULTA also offered a “Gorgeous on the Go” makeup collection for $14.99 last year. It was valued at $200.
Resources and Links Mentioned: