We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
If you’re planning to shop during Black Friday 2022, then there’s a good chance Macy’s Black Friday deals are already on your radar. Their deals officially dropped on Nov. 20 at 6 a.m. ET, so the time is now to get your game plan ready.
We’re here to spell out exactly how to shop Macy’s Black Friday sale in 2022, including the key dates, strategies, and stock-up prices you need to know.
- You can always reference our handpicked list of Macy’s coupons and deals available now.
- Download the KCL app and “favorite” Macy’s, which means you won’t even have to look for the best deals — we’ll just send them straight to your phone.
- Check out our guide to every Macy’s hack.
- Text BLACKFRIDAY to 57299 and receive real-time text alerts when all the Black Friday deals go live.
Let’s start with the basics about the big Macy’s sale:
1. Macy’s Early Black Friday deals started Nov. 7, 2022.
Macy’s announced a sneak peek at their Black Friday Early Access deals in early November. These deals were different every week starting on Nov. 7 and leading up to Black Friday, with special weekly sales including discounts of up to 70% off select items.
During the first week, we spotted a few awesome deals including 60% off Kids’ Dresses, 50% off Men’s Sweaters, 60% – 70% off Martha Stewart Collection Bedding, and so much more!
2. Macy’s Black Friday ad went live on Oct. 24, 2022.
The Macy’s Black Friday ad went live on Oct. 24, 2022. The ad included an extra 20% off coupon valid on select sales and clearance items — similar to the 2021 offer.
Of course, you can always check for ongoing Macy’s promotions sorted by department.
3. Macy’s Black Friday 2022 sale started Nov. 20.
Even though Macy’s (like everyone, it seems) ran early Black Friday deals, their true Black Friday sale doesn’t start until the week of Thanksgiving, on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2022.
The 2022 sale will run through the Saturday immediately following Black Friday.
Will Macy’s be closed on Thanksgiving 2022?
Macy’s will be closed on Thanksgiving 2022. This is the third year in a row they are closed.
What are Macy’s Black Friday hours?
On Black Friday, Macy’s will open their doors at 6 a.m., with most stores staying open until midnight.
4. “Diamond Bonus Buy” jewelry is 85% off the regular price — that’s the best deal of Macy’s Black Friday.
Macy’s “Diamond Bonus Buy” jewelry is consistently among the best value you can get during their Black Friday sale.
For the past few years, they’ve offered diamond earrings for just $29.99 (regularly on sale for $200) when you made any $25 purchase. That’s an 85% savings.
In 2022, Macy’s is offering a “Diamond Bonus Buy” that includes a few different items you can get for only $29.99.
By the way, Macy’s limits the amount of bonus buys you can take home. It’s a limit of 10 per customer in stores or one online.
5. Get a free Macy’s Black Friday coupon from the ad.
I always take home Macy’s Black Friday ad, and not necessarily for the information. I do it for the coupon.
Since 2019, Macy’s has included one or two coupons in their Black Friday ad. In 2020, they had one coupon for $10 off any purchase of $25 and another for $20 off any purchase of $50. In 2021, it was one coupon for 20% off select sales and clearance items. In 2022, there is an extra 20% off coupon — similar to the 2021 offer.
6. Earn Macy’s Black Friday free shipping minimum when you spend $49 or more.
Macy’s rarely has completely free shipping. We see it once or twice a year, and never on Black Friday.
In 2021, Macy’s free shipping minimum was reduced to just $25 (that’s $10 cheaper than even Walmart’s threshold). This threshold continued through Black Friday. Plus, with all the great deals, it was easy to hit $25.
But for 2022, the Macy’s Black Friday free shipping minimum is $49, unless you use your Macy’s Card and are a Macy’s Star Rewards Platinum/Gold member (no minimum) or Bronze/Silver member ($25 minimum).
If you choose same-day delivery and your order is $25 or more, you’ll get shipping for only $15.
7. Get $10 in Macy’s Money by requesting no-hurry shipping.
In years past, Macy’s offered $10 in Macy’s Money for anyone who chose no-hurry shipping (minimum $25 on your order). Like with the Macy’s Money earning period, I’ve only seen the no-hurry shipping offer around Black Friday.
“No Hurry” shipping means that instead of getting your order in 3 – 6 days, it’ll arrive in 6 – 9 days. In 2021, there was no limit to the number of times you could place an order at Macys.com for $25 or more to get $10 in Macy’s Money.
So instead of spending $75 at once, split up your purchase among three separate $25 orders and end up with $30 in Macy’s Money.
8. Macy’s small appliance Black Friday deals no longer have rebates but still cost as low as $10.
For years, Macy’s had great deals on small appliances like a toaster, waffle maker, griddle, blender, and more for just $7.99 after a $12 mail-in or online rebate. The regular price on these is up to $44.99.
For 2022, the rebates are gone, but the deals are still there. There are tons of appliances from Hamilton Beach, George Foreman, Bella, and more that are available starting at $10 (regularly up to $30) during the 2022 sale.
9. Aim for 50% – 80% savings on towels, comforter sets, and boots during Macy’s Black Friday sale.
If you’re looking for stock-up prices, you’ll find them on comforter sets, women’s boots, and Shark vacuums during the Macy’s Black Friday sale.
- 3-Piece Comforter Sets, $19.99 (reg. $80)
- Martha Stewart Essentials Down Alternative Solid Comforter, $19.99 (reg. $120+)
- Shark Vacuum, $99 (reg. $129.99)
- Women’s Boots, $19.99 (reg. $50+)
10. Look for high-end makeup value sets for 40% off — otherwise, shop at Ulta.
Ulta shows up to Black Friday with their game face on, and in years past, Macy’s hasn’t kept up. Well, most of the time.
My advice is to stick with the value sets at Macy’s for gifts or stocking stuffers as your best investment. In 2022, Macy’s will be offering a Clinique 5-Piece Lipstick Set for $20 (reg. $35), 50% off Urban Decay palettes, 30% off IT Cosmetics, and more.
Other than that, Ulta’s savings were identical on brand-name cosmetics. But Ulta likes to give their shoppers a free gift if they spend enough money, which is why I’d rather shop for beauty products there.
11. Wait for Macy’s post-holiday clearance sale for the best prices on holiday decor.
In recent years, Macy’s has offered 50% – 80% savings on Christmas decor starting Dec. 26 in stores and online. In 2021, here’s an idea of what those discounts included:
- National Tree Company 3-Foot Silver Tinsel Tree, $10.40 (reg. $52)
- Holiday Lane Tree Topper Collection, $20 (reg. $100)
- Holiday Lane Initials Ornament, $2.40 (reg. $12)
12. Avoid the Black Friday crowds with Macy’s curbside pickup.
You could avoid Black Friday crowds and steep free-shipping thresholds in previous years by opting for free store pickup at online checkout.
All you have to do is shop online and select “curbside pickup” at checkout when available. You’ll get an email with instructions. Once you get to the store, just give ’em a call. An associate will bring the order right to your car.
And hey, with the discontinuation of Macy’s doorbusters, you’re not really missing out on anything when you shop their Black Friday sale online.
13. No rush; you have seven days to pick up your online order at Macy’s.
You already beat the crowds once by ordering online — beat them again by waiting until the Black Friday crowds die down.
You have seven days to claim your online order at the store, so there’s certainly no rush. If you happen to forget about your order, they’ll issue a complete refund and cancel the order completely.
14. Macy’s cardholders can use “Macy’s Pay” to avoid long lines on Black Friday.
Macy’s cardholders, did you know you have an exclusive feature in your app that allows you to skip the lines? It’s called Macy’s Pay.
If you haven’t already, download the Macy’s app and sign in to your account. Tap “Store Mode,” scan items you want to buy as you’re shopping, and then pay through the app with a unique barcode.
You’ll visit a designated Scan & Pay Checkout to get security tags removed and find bags for your items.
15. If you’re a Macy’s cardholder, save your 25% off Star Rewards coupon for Black Friday.
Star Rewards is only exciting if you’re a Macy’s cardholder. Cardholders get up to 25% off any day with a Star Pass once they reach 1,000 points.
Once you reach that point, save that 25% off coupon to use on Black Friday for something you really want. Just note that you can’t stack it with other coupons like the ones found in the Macy’s Black Friday ad.
If you have any questions I didn’t answer in this breakdown, let me know in the comments below.