It’s no surprise that Ross has great finds. But did you know there are Ross clearance items where prices are as low as $0.49?! The Ross clearance event happens in December and January. It’s the best time of year to hunt for those little hot pink stickers on Ross price tags.
I promise the $0.49 items are not mythical creatures — they’re real and even a little bit shocking. (If you think $0.49 POLO shoes are a shock. I do!)
Ross doesn’t advertise this big markdown because it’s not a traditional sale, so you have to be watching and ready.
Download the KCL app and we’ll tell you the minute we get wind of it. In the meantime, here’s what we learned from Ross’ 2021 Clearance Sale.
1. Ross clearance markdown happens every January, but some stores are already seeing markdowns in December 2021.
While we celebrate the beginning of a new year in January, Ross closes out theirs by offering a huge clearance event. December and January is the “end of year” in Ross world, and so they discount a vast number of products to make room for next year’s inventory. It’s like Ross is shouting, “For the love, people, take these things off our hands already!”
Now, your mileage may vary on the exact day for the start of the sale, as each store has a different schedule. Some mega-markdowns will happen right after Christmas; others will take place in mid-to-late January. It doesn’t hurt to become friendly with an associate to see what their thoughts are for your location.
Right after Christmas and into January is when we see the sale around here. I would start popping into your local Ross right after Christmas if you want to be the first to find the deals.
2. Watch for Ross markdowns on select tops, shoes, and toys to reach as low as $0.49.
The rumors are true. You can find items for as low as $0.49, and that includes brands like POLO and Crayola. To see all the deals available now, check out this Ross clearance post on KCL.
Here are some of the $0.49 items we saw in January 2021:
- U.S. POLO sneakers
- Graphic tees
- Holiday shirts
- Crayola Trolls coloring book
- Baby Shark lip glosses
- Kids’ sketchbooks
- Kids’ sleep mask
- Super Wings playset
- Korres kids’ shower gel
3. In 2021, Ross’ $0.99 – $1.49 clearance included brands like Ralph Lauren and Maidenform.
This December 2021, we’re already starting to see top brands like Kate Spade, DKNY and Betsy Johnson go on sale for up to 67% off.
Here’s what we saw in the $0.99 category in January 2021:
- Women’s activewear tops: $0.99
- Women’s sweaters: $0.99
- Baby girl dresses: $0.99
- Baby girl leggings: $0.99
- UV wand: $0.99
- Baby Ralph Lauren POLO shirt: $1.49
- Women’s boots and heels: $1.49
- Maidenform shapewear: $1.49
- B Kids robot: $1.49
- Non Non Snackables snow cone: $1.49
- Country Living reusable bags: $1.49
4. Look for brands like Under Armour, Nike, and Tommy Hilfiger to reach as low as $1.99.
If you’re pinching yourself still, you can stop now. These brand-name items will receive deep, deep discounts in December and January. Here’s what we saw in January 2021:
- $1.99 Baby Tommy Hilfiger 2-piece set, Fisher-Price Cutest Chef toy, women’s sneakers
- $2.99 – $4.99 women’s jeans, Under Armour kids’ tops, Nike kids’ shoes, Melissa & Doug jumbo blocks, and women’s puffy coats
- $6.99 – $9.99 Under Armour socks, Matchbox toy hauler, throw blankets
5. Be the first in line — Ross shelves clear out fast during this clearance event.
In fact, shelves tend to be empty after the holidays, but I promise you that if you wait on the January clearance sale, all the $0.49 deals will be gone.
6. Prices will drop 10 – 20% weekly on Mondays, but don’t wait!
This is technically true, but I wouldn’t wait for another markdown for this sale. It’s already so mind-blowingly good that you risk missing out on $0.49 items if you get greedy for that extra 10 – 20% off. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t find a cart full of $0.49 items to bring home. They go quickly. But I’m sure you’ll find some awesome deals to brag about in the comments.