Sorry — this deal is no longer available. Never miss another deal! Sign up for daily updates:
We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
A couple of weeks ago, we posted about the new Walgreens Balance Rewards Loyalty Program. We wanted to give you an update on the changes that are coming soon to Walgreens. Here are the details you need to know about the Balance Rewards program.
- Every report we have received from Walgreens corporate has confirmed the following: The Balance Rewards program is NOT replacing the Register Reward program. The Register Reward program will continue in its current form for the foreseeable future.
- Starting Thursday, September 6, you can sign up for the Balance Rewards program online here.
- The program will launch on Sunday, September 16. At that point, you can sign up in-store or online.
- Balance Rewards members will receive savings every week on popular products. Savings and points can be earned by showing your Balance Rewards card, providing your phone number or scanning your mobile phone.
- You can earn points by purchasing items in the store. Points earned can later be redeemed for Walgreens rewards.
Earn 5,000 Points, Receive $5.00 Reward
Earn 10,000 Points, Receive $10.00 Reward
Earn 18,000 Points, Receive $20.00 Reward
Earn 30,000 Points, Receive $35.00 Reward
Earn 40,000 Points, Receive $50.00 Reward
- These Rewards can be redeemed in-store or online. They will not expire as long as you shop at Walgreens at least once every six months and redeem your points within three years.
- If you enroll online between September 6–15, you will be entered into a 10 Million Point Giveaway!
I understand that changes can be frustrating. (I’m resistant to change too!) I am, however, eager to see how this program turns out! Change can be exciting too! I’m glad to hear that the Register Reward program is not going away, and I’m eager to start earning Balance Rewards points!