Sorry — this deal is no longer available. Never miss another deal! Sign up for daily updates:
Let’s face it: The 2020 back-to-school shopping season is anything but typical. Whether your kids are returning to the classroom or logging on for virtual lessons, we’ve got you covered with back-to-school deals that are at the top of the class.
1. Stack on A+ savings at Kohl’s.
Whether you’re buying dorm room decor or the latest fall styles, Kohl’s is offering storewide savings on all your back-to-school essentials. Plus, you can stack their promotions for even better deals. Kohl’s regularly offers one-day sales with 20% off coupon codes. If you find that you’re without a coupon code, sign up for Kohl’s text alerts for 15% off. Text SAVE07 to 56457 (KOHLS) to receive a unique 15% off coupon code.
We suggest stocking up on SO girls’ leggings on sale for as little as $7.99, regularly $16 each. While you’re at it, find jeggings for as low as $17.99 (regularly $32), Sonoma girls’ jeans starting at $14.99 (regularly $26), and graphic tees starting at only $9.
Use unique coupon code for 15% off
Free shipping on orders of $75+ or free curbside pickup
Final Price: as low as $6.79
2. Enjoy 20% off school supplies and crafts at Michaels.
Through Aug. 1, Michaels shoppers can save 20% on all regular-priced purchases in stores and online with code 20MADEBYYOU. You’ll also get free ground shipping on orders of $59 or more.
We spotted this back-to-school chalkboard sign on sale for $3.99, regularly $4.99. Here are some other highlights:
- Back-to-School Classroom Essentials: 20% off select items with code 20MADEBYYOU
- Planners: 20% off select styles with code 20MADEBYYOU
- Sketchbooks and Journals: 20% off select styles with code 20MADEBYYOU
- Crayola: Buy one get one 50% off (add two items to your cart for discount)
- School Project Supplies: 20% off select items with code 20MADEBYYOU
3. Take an extra 20% off Macy’s back-to-school specials.
Through July 26, take an extra 20% off select back-to-school specials at Macy’s when you use code BTS at checkout. The store is slashing prices on a variety of school-year musts, like apparel, shoes, backpacks, and more.
- 50% off school uniforms (regularly $24–$45)
- Juniors’ clothing starting at $12.99 (regularly $20–$49)
- 25% off backpacks and accessories (regularly $20–$249)
- $24.99 kids’ backpacks (regularly $40)
Shipping is free on orders of $25 or more.
4. Pile on the style for less at Maurices.
Even better, you’ll save an extra 30% when you sign up for mobile alerts via the pop-up window this weekend only. That means epic deals on everything from tops and bottoms to shoes and accessories. Shipping is free on orders totaling $50 or more (or opt for free store pickup instead).
Join MyMaurices Rewards, receive $5 reward
30% off when you sign up for mobile alerts through July 26
Use $5 reward
Free shipping on orders of $50+ or free store pickup
Final Price: $12.49
5. Buy more, save more at Aeropostale.
Aeropostale is helping shoppers get back to the basics with 15% off your purchase of five or more items from their Uniform Shop through Aug. 5. Polo shirts are on sale for $8–$10, while layering tees and tanks start at just $6.87. Plus, you can get jeans starting at $17.87. Use code AFFSAVE20 to slash 20% off your purchase of $100 or more as well.
Shipping is free on orders of $50 or more.
6. Learn from home with a free month of ABCMouse.
Kids ages two through eight can learn in a safe and secure online environment with a free month of ABCmouse when you sign up for a subscription.
ABCmouse features over 8,000 interactive learning activities, and more than 850 lessons that teach reading, math, science, social studies, art, and music. You’ll also get unlimited access to over 1,500 videos, games, books, and more.
7. “Glow” back looking your best with Clinique freebies.
Through July 25 or while supplies last, get a free six-piece Bare Basics Kit with any online Clinique purchase of $45 or more. Just use coupon code HELLOGLOW or BYEPUFFS to choose between two sets: one with a face cream, or one with an eye cream.
New Clinique customers can also take 15% off their first purchase when they sign up for Clinique Smart Rewards. This discount can be used alongside your free gift with purchase for extra savings.
This offer is only available online, and shipping is free.
8. Score Nike shoes for as little as $17 shipped.
For a limited time, Nike shoes and cleats are up to 56% off online at Nike.com. No promo code is necessary, and prices are already marked. Please note that sale prices vary based on the color you select.
Sign up for a free Nike Plus membership and receive free shipping on your orders. Shipping is also free when you spend $150 or more.
Free shipping with Nike Plus or on orders of $150+
Final Price: as low as $16.97
9. Prep for class with Target coupons.
Calling all college students: get to Target this week to save $5 on any $20 purchase. You can use this coupon on dorm essentials, kitchen appliances, notebooks, and more.
Just verify your student status by entering your name and student information, and then save the offer to your account. If you’re shopping online, the discount will automatically apply. Shopping in the store? Scan the barcode in the “wallet” section of the Target app at checkout.
While you’re at it, open the Target Circle app ASAP to see if you have a coupon for $10 off any $50 purchase. You can use this offer in stores or online, and on thousands of items. This offer varies by Circle user, and it’s valid through August 29.
If you don’t have it yet, download the Target app today.
10. Stock up on school supplies at Walmart.
Walmart is the ultimate one-stop shop for school supplies, and this year’s no exception. Shop rollbacks on everything your kid needs to ace the year ahead, from pencils and paper to Texas Instruments scientific calculators starting at just $11 online.
Pro Tip: Your shopping list may look a little different this year. The CDC has released guidelines for what school may look like come fall. Check out the back-to-school items you should stock up on now, just in case the shelves are empty in September.
11. Score 50% off school uniforms at JCPenney + take an extra 25% off at checkout.
For a limited time, customers can take up to 50% off school uniforms at JCPenney, designed with comfort and performance in mind. Plus, save up to 40% on everything else in the JCPenney back-to-school shop, including clothing, shoes, and backpacks.
Use code BIGDEAL9 to take an extra 25% off orders under $75, or 30% off orders of $75 and more through July 26. Shipping is free on orders of $25 or more.
12. Shop matching backpacks and lunch bags on sale at Vera Bradley.
Through July 26, head to Vera Bradley to save big on the brand’s iconic woven styles. Take 25% off crossbody bags and totes sitewide, or get a $20 lunch bag with any full-price backpack purchase (regularly $35–$45).
While you’re at it, check out the Vera Bradley sale for up to 50% off select backpacks, loungewear, lanyards, phone cases, and more.
Shipping is free on orders of $35 or more.
Extra Credit: More Back-to-School Sales to Shop Now
Back-to-School Computer and Tech Deals
- 13″ Acer chromebooks, as low as $195 at Walmart
- Apple smart keyboard, as low as $122 with Apple Target Circle offer at Target
- Refurbished Apple iPad 4 Retina Bundle for $199.99 shipped with code KCL038IPAD at Until Gone
- Refurbished Apple AirPods w/ Charging Case, $99.99 shipped with code KCL7037720 at Until Gone
- Logitech Wireless Mouse, only $12.34 at Target
- Refurbished LG G-Pad F 8″ Android Tablet with Stylus for $69 shipped with code KCL540720 at Until Gone
- Refurbished Lenovo Tab 3 8″ HD Android Tablet for $69 shipped with code KCL920720 at Until Gone
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones, only $125 shipped with code KCLBTS at Daily Steals
Back-to-School Clothing and Shoe Deals
- Girls’ dresses, as low as $5.31 at Target
- Kids’ polo shirts, just $4 with code SWEET at Old Navy
- Converse shoes for the family, as low as $24 at Kohl’s
School Supply Deals
- Free planner worth $16.49 at Staples.com through TopCashback
- Paper Mate & Sharpie, just $1 at Walgreens
- BIC stationery products, as low as $0.50 at CVS
- BIC Atlantis & Gelocity pens, $2.82 at Walmart
Back-to-School Backpack Deals
- Up to 50% off backpacks at Herschel Supply Company
- Trans by Jansport backpacks, as low as $26.60 at Target
- Wexford backpacks, as low as $3 at Walgreens
Back-to-School Dorm Deals
- Room Essentials dorm comforters, only $14.25 at Target
- $10 sheet sets with code BIGDEAL9 at JCPenney
- Black Friday in July: $2.50 bath towels with code BIGDEAL9 at JCPenney
- Room Essentials futon, only $103.55 at Target
- Room Essentials sheet sets, as low as $7.60 at Target