We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Francesca’s is closing more stores.
The young women’s fashion retailer had closed 20 stores last year, and then the coronavirus pandemic hit. Francesca’s tried to raise funds to help cover their $33 million in debt, but ultimately they had to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
There aren’t plans to shut down the company, though; Francesca’s has a buyer, and expects to complete their sale by the end of January 2021. In the meantime, stores gotta close.
Here’s what you need to know:
Francesca’s is closing 1/3 of their stores by Jan. 31.
On Nov. 16, Francesca’s announced they’d be closing 140 of their stores. That’s about 20% of the company’s 700 stores.
But after filing for bankruptcy, Francesca’s announced they’d be closing another 97 locations, increasing the cut to 33.8%.
These 237 stores are closing.
According to Footwear News, here’s the list of locations that’ll close by Jan. 31:
- Alabama: Florence (Regency Square)
- Arizona: Flagstaff (Aspen Place), Glendale (Westgate Outlet)
- Arkansas: Little Rock (Outlets at Little Rock), North Little Rock (McCain Mall)
- California: Bakersfield (Valley Plaza Mall), Chula Vista (Otay Ranch Town Center), Gilroy (Gilroy Premium Outlets), Livermore (San Francisco Premium Outlets), Mission Viejo (The Shops at Mission Viejo), Ontario (Ontario Mills), San Diego (Westfield UTC), Santa Barbara (Paseo Nuevo)
- Colorado: Broomfield (Flat Iron Crossing), Lakewood (Colorado Mills), Littleton (Aspen Grove), Pueblo (Pueblo Mall)
- Connecticut: Mashantucket (Foxwoods Outlet), Trumbull (Westfield Trumbull)
- Florida: Ellenton (Ellenton Premium Outlets), Palm Beach Gardens (The Gardens Mall), Panama City Beach (Pier Park), Pembroke Pines (Pembroke Lakes Mall), St. Augustine (St. Augustine Outlet) Tallahassee (Governor’s Square), Vero Beach (Vero Beach Outlets)
- Georgia: Atlanta (Atlantic Station), Dawsonville (Georgia Premium Outlets), Locust Grove (Locust Grove Outlet)
- Illinois: Aurora (Chicago Premium Outlets), Joliet (Louis Joliet Mall), Orland Park (Orland Park Crossing), Rosemont (Fashion Outlets of Chicago), South Barrington (The Arboretum of South Barrington)
- Indiana: Evansville (Eastland Mall), Muncie (Muncie Mall)
- Louisiana: Monroe (Pecanland Mall), Shreveport (Mall at St. Vincent), Slidell (Fremaux Town Center)
- Maryland: Bethesda (Bethesda Row)
- Massachusetts: Mansfield (Mansfield Crossing), Newburyport (16 State Street), Somerville (Assembly Row)
- Michigan: Birch Run (Birch Run Premium Outlets), Howell (Howell Outlet Center), Saginaw (Fashion Square), Taylor (Southland Mall), Troy (The Somerset Collection North)
- Minnesota: Burnsville (Burnsville Center)
- Mississippi: Pearl (Outlets of Mississippi), Southaven (Memphis Outlet)
- Montana: Missoula (Southgate Mall)
- Nebraska: Lincoln (SouthPointe Pavilions)
- Nevada: Las Vegas (Las Vegas Premium Outlet North)
- New Hampshire: Merrimack (Merrimack Premium Outlets), Salem (The Mall at Rockingham Park)
- New Jersey: Deptford (Deptford Mall), Elizabeth (The Mills at Jersey Gardens), Mays Landing (Hamilton Mall), Westfield (161 East Broad Street), Woodbridge (Woodbridge Center)
- New York: Central Valley (Woodbury Common Premium Outlets), Deer Park (Deer Park Outlets), Garden City (Roosevelt Field), Massapequa (Sunrise Mall), New York City (1327 Third Avenue), New York City (2345 Broadway), Niagara Falls (Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls), Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Galleria), Yonkers (Ridge Hill), Yorktown Heights (Jefferson Valley Mall)
- North Dakota: Grand Forks (Columbia Mall)
- Ohio: Beachwood (Beachwood Place), Lima (Lima Mall)
- Oklahoma: Stillwater (Lake View Pointe)
- Oregon: Happy Valley (Clackamas Town Center), Woodburn (Woodburn Premium Outlets)
- Pennsylvania: Erie (Millcreek Mall), Harrisburg (The Shoppes at Susquehanna Marketplace)
- Tennessee: Memphis (Wolfchase Galleria)
- Texas: Fort Worth (Hulen Mall), Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie Premium Outlets), Grapevine (Grapevine Mills), Killeen (Killeen Mall), San Antonio (Rolling Oaks Mall), Tyler (Broadway Square)
- Utah: Farmington (Station Park), Lehi (Outlets at Traverse Mountain)
- Virginia: Fairfax (Mosaic District), Springfield (Springfield Town Center)
- Washington: Centralia (Centralia Outlets), Kennewick (Columbia Center), Spokane (River Park Square), Tacoma (Tacoma Mall)
- Washington, D.C.: 3128 Main Street
- Wisconsin: Brookfield (Corners of Brookfield), Greendale (Southridge Mall)
Look for some high-speed closing sales with everything at least 50% off.
Expect closing sales to move quickly as Francesca’s hits their Jan. 31 deadline.
When the Newark Mall Francesca’s location kicked off closing sales in mid-November, shoppers reported they opened with 50% off everything, and all jewelry had a buy 2 for $5 deal.
Online at Francescas.com, they’re also clearing out inventory, offering up to 70% off select items.