1. What is Ebates.com?
Ebates.com is an online clearinghouse representing more than 1,700 retailers willing to offer cash back incentives, coupons, and discounts to customers who shop at their online stores. To these retailers, Ebates.com is simply acting as an affiliate, for which it earns a small commission on every customer it sends their way. The site has been reviewed and vetted by the likes of CNN, the Wall Street Journal, Time, The New York Times, NBC, CBS, ABC and others.
2. How do I become a member?
Membership is free—you can sign up using email or Facebook. All you need to provide for email signups is your address and a self-chosen password. As a bonus, when you join you will be prompted to select a free gift card as part of your membership—examples of offerings include $10 gift cards for Macy's, Kohl's, Target and Walmart.
Here’s what to do:
- Visit https://www.Ebates.com/auth/getLogonForm.do
- Choose your free gift card and proceed to sign up.
- Download the free apps for iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android: http://www.EBates.com/mobile.htm?navigation_id=22442
3. How can Ebates.com help me save?
Ebates.com has multiple savings avenues for its members including cash back shopping incentives. After all, if you are going to buy whatever-it-is anyway, you might as well get some cash in return for giving that retailer your business! Each retailer sets their own cash back incentive percentage, so the amount you earn will vary by your shopping habits and retailer choices.
Other ways to save using Ebates.com:
- Sign up for the Ebates.com cashback credit card: you get a $10 cash back bonus with your first purchase and 1%-3% cash back on future purchases.
- Refer friends through Ebates.com's "Refer a Friend" program: You’re rewarded $5 every time a friend joins and shops. The first friend you refer who joins and shops will help you earn $20 ($5 + $15 bonus).
- Take advantage of double cash back periodic promotions and online rebates: Many Ebates.com retailers offer additional incentives to Ebates.com customers. These are posted online and via the mobile apps—you can also enable mobile alerts so you never miss a special deal.
- Every three months Ebates.com will send you your accumulated cash back: As long as your payout amount is at least $5.01 (lesser amounts will carry over to the next payment cycle), you can choose to get paid by check, PayPal, or by donating the amount to a charity or family member of your choice.
4. Are you absolutely, positively, totally, and completely sure Ebates.com is safe and trustworthy?
Before I joined, I did some research…because Ebates.com sure did sound too good to be true! I looked for reviews from others who had used Ebates.com and earned cash back. What I discovered is that the Ebates.com service is straight-up—they earn by sending customers to their 1,700+ retailers, and those customers (me, you) earn by shopping at those retailers. So everybody gets cash—the retailers, Ebates.com and us.
- I also learned Ebates.com is verified by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has been awarded an A+ rating.
- If that still isn't enough reassurance, here is a great review that I think will set your mind at ease.