I put forth a valiant effort when it comes to looking young. I eat vegetables so long as I have a coupon for them, exercise regularly (in my book, watching The Biggest Loser and P90x infomercials counts as exercise), and I always use the free samples of face creams they hand out at the cosmetics counter. So you can imagine my sheer horror when I found a wiry gray hair sticking straight out of my center part. “What’s the big deal?” you ask. “Everyone gets them.” Well, the big deal is that this happened when I was just a baby-faced freshman in college. Go ahead and call me Great Granny Gertrude because I’m going full-on gray! I’ve had to dye my hair for the past ten years to keep my little secret under wraps.
Want to know another “secret”? If you register for the L’Oreal Paris Gold Rewards program, you can receive 1 free L’Oreal hair color product for every 5 that you buy. Beauty isn’t cheap, so every little bit helps. With the money you save, you can buy miracle wrinkle erasers and tiny vials of water from the Fountain of Youth (let me know how that goes!) So for all you ladies who dye your hair at home, consider signing up for the L’Oreal Paris Gold Rewards program so you can start earning free hair color products. Here’s how you sign up:
- Click here.
- On the next screen, enter your name, email address, password, and date of birth and then click on the gold “Continue to Final Step” button.
- Answer 6 quick questions about your hair coloring habits and then click on the gold “Register” button. This whole registration process should take you under 3 minutes.
- Once you have signed up for the rewards program, you can enter the codes from your L’Oreal hair color purchases on the site. Entering the codes is a simple 4-step process:
1. Select the visual of the product you purchased.
2. Select the shade you purchased from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the retailer from which you purchased your hair color product.
4. Enter the code located on you hair color developer bottle in the designated box. (Note: it is much easier to do this before you actually use the product since used bottles (and their codes) often get covered in dye.)
- Once you have entered 5 codes on the site, you have earned a FREE L’Oreal hair color product in the form of a coupon that will be mailed to you.
- As an added bonus, members of this rewards programs can receive exclusive perks along the way. A limited-time, members-only perk is announced on Golden Monday—the first Monday of a selected month.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Each code is equal to 1 credit.
- After submitting your code, your account will immediately reflect 1 credit earned.
- One you have received 5 credits, you will have earned a free hair color product. Yay!
- Your free hair color product will be awarded in the form of a coupon. Upon entering the 5th code, you will be prompted to claim your free coupon by providing your mailing address.
- You will receive your coupon (redeemable at all major retailers) in the mail within 4-6 weeks.
- You can enter up to 2 codes every month, with a limit of 10 codes per calendar year, from any of the products listed on the site.
- You can earn 2 FREE hair color product coupons in 2012.