Sorry — this deal is no longer available. Never miss another deal! Sign up for daily updates:
You’ll want to read all the way to the bottom of this new policy. The highlight– we can now redeem competitor Catalinas, including Walgreens Register Rewards AT SAFEWAY! Woot!
Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
1. Coupons are redeemable only by a customer purchasing the specific brands and product(s) stated on the coupon, with the face value of the coupon deducted from your retail or club card price.
2. Coupons must be for products sold at Safeway and coupons must be presented at the time of the transaction.
3. Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all limitations and restrictions on coupon.
4. Coupons cannot be applied against the free item received in any offer where a customer buys one or more items to get one or more items free.
Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs $4.99
Store Promo: Buy One Oscar Mayer Hot Dog, Get One Free
Use ONE $1.00/1 coupon (this is saying we can’t use two)
Final Price: $3.99 for two packages of hot dogs
5. Coupon amount may be reduced so that any combined discounts and coupons do not exceed the value of the item. See number 12 below.
Thank you! This is going to be valuable for those of you who’ve had trouble with cashiers refusing to accept a $2.00 coupon for a $1.98 product, or any coupon that exceeds the item’s value. This simply states that the cashier may manually enter a reduced discount of $1.98 instead of the full $2.00 face value discount of the coupon. [I would like to point out that, for any store who reduces the coupon value so as not to pay overage, you should make sure your cashier is hand writing the adjusted discount on the coupon and crossing out the original face value. Without doing this (and possibly even when they do), the store will be reimbursed for the full value of the coupon. Most stores have this policy against paying overage; it is very understandable and I don’t have any problem with it, but the truth is that the store is usually pocketing the difference between coupon value and product value.]
6. Coupons have no cash value.
7. Accepted coupons must be Manufacturer or Safeway store issued coupons.
Okay, so Safeway won’t accept a Target store coupon or any competitor coupon; we already knew that.
8. Safeway will accept valid manufacturer coupons that display another retailer's logo or name.
Awesome! This means that manufacturer coupons printed from Target.com, or a coupon that says “valid at your local supercenter” with a Walmart logo CAN be redeemed at Safeway!
9. Safeway will accept valid Catalina manufacturer coupon that is issued to a customer by another retailer only if such coupon is for a specific item.
So, although we won't be able to use our $10.00 catalinas and $5 Register Rewards, we will still be able to use item-specific Catalinas. Example: $2.00 off Folgers Coffee Catalina Coupon printed at Albertsons, with Albertsons logo, or $0.50/1 Dentyne Ice Gum Register Reward with Walgreens logo. And Remember Rule #8 allows us to use any other manufacturer coupon with a competitor logo, such as a Manufacturer coupon for $1.00/1 Kashi Product with a Target logo, printed from Target.com.
10. The coupon must have an expiration date and be presented within valid dates.
11. Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry, are altered in any way or copied.
12. The transaction amount may not fall below zero value, or go negative, meaning we will not give the customer money back.
13. All sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value of the item.
14. All bottle deposits on the purchased and free items are paid by the customer.
15. Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
We may change this policy at any time. All coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption. Policy changes may not be advertised. The current policy will be posted at the customer service area in each store.