Oh, garbage disposal.
You chew all my organic waste and send it down the drain as paste.
I love it when you work all right. I love you mornings and at night.
You help me keep my kitchen clean. But sometimes, well, you turn me green.
Nasty smells and vapors rise from chunky bits you hide inside.
I’d like to use commercial cleaner, but I keep my budget leaner.
All hail the DIY queen. She taught me to be cheap and green. Now I banish those stinky smells. Want to learn? Then follow well:
- an ice cube tray (the larger the compartments the better)
- one lemon cut into medium sized cubes
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Mix the tablespoons of vinegar in with the water.
- Fill each ice tray compartment with water mixture about 1/2 full.
- Drop a cube of lemon in each compartment.
- Remove from tray and store in freezer in plastic bag.
- Stinky sink? Grind up a cube.