These seriously addicting almonds are the perfect Christmas treat to bake for teachers and neighbors. The recipe is simple and will fill your home with the sweet smells of Christmas. Just be sure to double the batch — once they come out of the oven, you won’t be able to stop eating them! Use this coupon to save on cinnamon or nutmeg: $0.50/1 McCormick spice, herb, extract or food color from RP 12/2 (exp 1/6)
Cinnamon & Sugar Roasted Almonds
2 egg whites
2 Tbls water
2 lbs plain almonds or pecans
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Lightly beat the egg whites with mixer; add water, and beat until they become frothy and white.
3. Pour the almonds into the eggs and stir until they are well coated.
4. Combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Slowly pour the sugar mixture in with the almonds until they are completely coated.
5. Pour the almonds onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and place back into the oven. Do this four times for an hour and then remove the almonds from the oven.
6. Once they have cooled, they are ready to eat.