- Any color acrylic paint
- Non-sanded white tile grout
- Surface to paint
- White chalk
- Prepare your painting surface, making sure it is clean, dry and sanded.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of grout with 2 ounces of paint. The addition of the grout will make your paint dry more quickly, so only mix up as much as you’ll use right away.
- Paint your surface with several coats of paint, leaving ample time for each coat to dry.
- Once it is completely dry you will need to "slate" your surface before you can begin to draw on it. Slate your board by running the side of a piece of chalk lightly over the entire board and then wiping it off with a rag.
- Write and draw to your heart’s content!