This recipe has been in my family for years! It’s simple to put together, but the taste is amazing.
Sour Cream Verde Chicken Enchiladas
1 (8 oz) container sour cream – $1.25
1 (16 oz) jar mild verde salsa – $1.50
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded, or 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded – $4.00
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, washed and chopped – $0.25
12 corn tortillas – $0.58
1 (8 oz) package shredded Mexican cheese – $2.00
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine 1/3 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup salsa in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine chicken with remaining sour cream and salsa. Add cilantro and mix again.
4. Assemble by spooning 1/3 cup of chicken mixture into each tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup of cheese and roll. Place in pan seam side down. Continue until pan is full.
5. Drizzle sour cream and salsa mixture over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and sides are light brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole.
Serves 6 – 8
Total Cost: $9.58