Take a few minutes with your kids for this quick project to add a bit of springtime cheer into your day. These pinwheels are a breeze to put together! Using Post-It notes (which are pre-cut and easily on hand) makes it go even quicker!
- Post-It Notes or any paper cut into a 3" square
- Cut diagonal slits at each corner and then poke a small hole (a push pin works great for this) in every other tip and in the center (as shown in the picture).
- Fold every other tip towards the center, placing the brad through each hole, and fasten it all together.
- Glue your pinwheel to a straw. I couldn't find the straws I wanted at the store so I wrapped mine is decorative paper to get the look I wanted. (If you want your pinwheel to actually spin, use the brad to attach it to the straw instead of gluing it in place.)
- You can display your finished pinwheels in a small vase, pop them in an Easter basket, or perhaps tie them up with a stack of cookies to brighten a friend's day!