We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Raise your hand if you are on the lookout for screen-free activities for your kids. I imagine most hands shot up (mine did too!). I just found out that Storypod is looking for product testers and if you’re selected, you get a free Storypod bundle. And I’m all about the freebies.
Storypod is a multimedia storytelling device designed to engage and entertain kids. It’s a compact and portable speaker-like device equipped with technology that “reads” tags that are embedded in Storypod figurines, discs, or audiobooks. When a child places a Storypod item with an embedded tag on the device, it triggers the playback of audio content. This content includes stories, songs, educational subject matter, and interactive experiences. The content is created for specific age ranges (from birth to 6 years and up) and lasts from 5 minutes up to over an hour.
I just applied to become a tester and it was very easy. If you want more information on how to apply, keep on reading.
For more smart shopping tips and savings hacks, text HACKS to 57299, and be sure to download the Krazy Coupon Lady app.
Here are the three steps to apply to test a free Storypod Starter Bundle.
Storypod offers opportunities to potentially receive a Storypod Starter Bundle for free as a product tester. It’s packed with age-appropriate content to engage your kids screen-free in exchange for your honest feedback.
- Visit the Storypod Product Testers page.
- Enter your email address, the child’s birthday, and your relationship with the child.
- Click submit!
Easy peasy. If selected, you receive a Storypod Starter Bundle to test its features. Then share feedback about the product and your (and your child’s) experience.
RELATED: 16 Best Money Games For Kids
The Starter Bundle includes the speaker and audio content, normally $99.99.
The Starter Set for product testers includes a Storypod audio device as well as age-appropriate audio content. The content comes in the form of a plush figure, disc, or audiobook.
If you end up enjoying the starter pack, congrats! You received a Storypod for free. But you will have to purchase additional content if you want new stories or activities. Audio content ranges in price from $9.99 up to $19.99. There is also a subscription option to save $5 on content deliveries every two months. As a subscriber, you also get 10% off any content purchased from the store.
There are other kid-friendly audio systems to try (but they’re all similarly priced).
If you’ve heard of Toniebox, then Storypod probably sounds familiar. They’re pretty similar. Here’s a list of all the kids’ audio devices and their prices to help you choose the right one for your family. Of course, if you get to try the Storypod for free, that’s an easy decision! But if not, here are a few more to consider.
- Yoto (2nd Gen), $99.99: Content cards range from $4.99 up to $34.99 for bundles. Books, music, and learning activities are available.
- Yoto Mini, $69.99: Same content and features as the Yoto, just a more compact size with no built-in night light.
- Jooki Player, $112.99: Audio content comes in the form of parent-selected playlists on tokens or figurines. A set of five Jookie figurines is $34.99, or $7 each.
- Toniebox, $99.99: Tonies figurines and books range in price from $14.99 to $19.99. The setup is similar to Storypod!
- Echo Dot Kids, $59.99: You get a free year of Amazon Kids+ (normally $3 per month) with ad-free books, games, videos, educational apps, and Alexa skills.