Wrong! Put your checkbook away, because Turbo Tax and H&R Block both offer free tax filing programs! Their websites offer a comprehensive guide to help you determine which one best meets your needs. If your tax return is more complicated (i.e. you're self-employed or own multiple properties) you may be prompted to upgrade from the free version to the deluxe version for a separate fee. You are, of course, under no obligation to upgrade if you do not wish to do so.
Basic facts about Turbo Tax and H&R Block!
Turbo Tax, Free edition offers a reassuring guarantee that your taxes are done right and that you get your maximum tax refund as fast as possible. You can prepare, e-file and print your simple federal tax return on Turbo Tax for free!
- Click on the "free edition" option located on the left hand side of your screen.
- The site will prompt you to create an account. No credit card is required.
- After you create your account, start entering your tax information.
- Confused already? Simply look to the right hand side of your screen for free online support. .
- When you are finished, TurboTax checks your calculations, guarantees your refund, and e-files your taxes for free. TurboTax also saves your information for the following tax season.
- Turbo Tax can also file your state taxes if you choose for a fee of $27.95.
H&R Block also offers free federal edition software! You can file your simple federal tax return at no cost. H&R Block provides an accurate calculation guarantee and a maximum guarantee as well. Worried about being audited? If so, free audit support and audit representation is part of H&R Block's worry-free guarantee.
- Visit H&R Block to get started today.
- Fill in your information to start up your account.
- You will be directed to start the Free edition. No credit card required.
- Start entering your tax information. Need assistance? Look to the right hand side of your screen for free online support.
- H&R Block can also file your state taxes if you choose for $27.95.
Make yourself familiar with these programs and decide what works best for your situation!