We’ve got a perfect storm of freebies coming on Nov. 3.
Not only is it Election Day, where plenty of companies offer discounts on their food and services, but it’s also National Sandwich Day 2020. WHAT!?
Nothing like free food or a free ride to help end the 2020 election season on a little less stressful note.
Here are the deals and freebies:
1. Uber is giving half-off Election Day rides to and from the polls.
Uber has an in-app poll-finding feature, and when customers use the tool to book a ride to the polls on Election Day (Nov. 3), they’ll get 50% off round-trip rides (up to $7 each way, or $14 for the two trips).
The discounted rides are valid from 12:01 AM Pacific on Nov. 3, to 3 AM Pacific Time on Nov. 4.
2. Get half-priced Lyft rides on Election Day.
Lyft says they’ve expanded their “Ride to Vote” program for 2020, offering 50% off one ride to polling places or ballot drop boxes on Election Day (up to $10). This also applies to Lyft’s army of bikes and scooters in select cities.
To get the discount, use the promo code 2020VOTE when booking a ride on Nov. 3.
Also: Starbucks is giving their employees a free one-way Lyft ride on Nov. 3, valued up to $75.
3. Krispy Kreme is back with their free Election Day doughnut.
Krispy Kreme is giving away a free original glazed doughnut to customers who come in on Tuesday, Nov. 3 — no purchase necessary.
And while supplies last, you can snag a special Krispy Kreme “I Voted” sticker. Click “find a shop” at KrispyKreme.com to find yours.
4. McDonald’s is giving away their new pastries for free with a coffee purchase.
McDonald’s has pastries, ya’ll! And they’re giving them away for free with a coffee purchase (any size) from Election Day, Nov. 3 to Nov. 9. Choose from one of their new Apple Fritters, Blueberry Muffins and Cinnamon Rolls.
5. GrubHub has a bunch of epic restaurant deals on Election Day.
Food delivery service GrubHub has announced their “Fueling the Vote” promotion, which gives customers a number of food and delivery deals on Election Day, Nov. 3.
Visit the Perks tab in the Grubhub app to see the full list. Here are some of the deals:
- 7-11: free delivery on orders of $15+
- BurgerFi: free delivery on orders of $15+
- Burger King: $3 off on orders of $18+
- California Pizza Kitchen: $10 off on orders of $30+
- Pret A Manger: $5 off on orders of $15+
- Wow Bao: $5 off on orders of $20+
Look out for additional offers from Boston Market, Haagen Dazs, PF Chang’s, Red Lobster and others.
6. Boston Market is giving away free sliders election night.
From 9 PM until close on Nov. 3 — 10 or 11 PM depending on where you live — Boston Market will give away one of their new sliders free. No purchase necessary.
The sliders are regularly priced at $3 each or three for $8, and come in four varieties: chicken chipotle, chicken cheddar, turkey cheddar and BBQ meatloaf.
7. Hertz will let you rent a car on Election Day for free.
If you book at least 2 days from one of their neighborhood locations starting Nov. 2 or 3, Hertz will give you one of those days for free to help you drive to the polls.
Use the promo code 210350 at checkout to get the Hertz “Drive the Vote” freebie.
8. Jimmy John’s is offering BOGO 50% off sandwiches through Nov. 8.
When you buy one 8-inch or 16-inch sandwich online or in the Jimmy John’s app, you’ll get a second sandwich (of equal or lesser value) for half off through Nov. 8. This promo could be for National Sandwich Day, on Nov. 2 as well. But either way, it’s a good deal.
Use the promo code SAVEON2 at checkout to get the deal. Terms and conditions apply (which are listed at jimmyjohns.com).
9. Get a $5 Presidente Margarita from Chili’s Oct. 20-Nov. 3.
Participating Chili’s locations have discounted their Presidente Margarita to $5, down from more than $7 on average. That’s not the cheapest we’ve ever seen it (it was just over $3 last year), but a discounted Chili’s gift card from Raise could help bridge the gap — they’re about 15% off right now.
The Presidente Margarita deal is available for dine-in and to-go orders (and you get a special Chili’s “I Voted” sticker).
Chili’s is also having a contest where you can win a bunch of stuff, including free Chili’s for a year.
10. McAlister’s Deli is giving BOGO Free coupons to app users on Nov. 3.
Join the free McAlister’s Rewards loyalty program and get their app now. Open the app on Nov. 3, and you’ll find a Buy One, Get One Free sandwich coupon added to your account.
The coupon will be usable for two weeks, and is usable on online orders (pickup and delivery) via mcalistersdeli.com.
11. Look out for a free medium sub deal at Firehouse Subs.
Firehouse Subs hasn’t said what their Nov. 3 Sandwich Day deal will be just yet, but they did confirm they’ll have one in 2020.
Last year, they offered a free medium sub with purchase of additional medium or large sub, chips, and a drink.
Stay tuned to the Firehouse Subs app or Firehouse Subs’ social media accounts.
12. ‘Pizza to the Polls’ is bringing free food trucks to 25 cities Oct. 24-Nov. 3.
Shake Shack, Milk Bar and a bunch of local restaurants will be handing out free food to voters standing in long lines in 25 different cities from Early Voting Day (Oct. 24) through Election Day (Nov. 3).
Here’s the Pizza to the Polls schedule:
- Oct. 24: Phoenix, Los Angeles, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Gainesville, Atlanta, Louisville, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Charlotte (NC), Raleigh, Greensboro (NC), Las Vegas, Reno, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Charleston (SC), Nashville, Houston, Austin, Milwaukee
- Oct. 29: Phoenix, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Gainesville, Atlanta, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Charlotte (NC), Raleigh, Greensboro (NC), Las Vegas, Reno, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Charleston (SC), Nashville, Houston, Austin, Milwaukee
- Oct. 30: Phoenix, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Gainesville, Atlanta, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Charlotte (NC), Raleigh, Greensboro (NC), Las Vegas, Reno, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Charleston (SC), Nashville, Houston, Austin, Milwaukee
- Oct. 31: Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Gainesville, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Charlotte (NC), Raleigh, Greensboro (NC), New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Charleston (SC), Milwaukee
- Nov. 1: Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Minneapolis, New York City, Milwaukee
- Nov. 2: Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Detroit, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
- Nov. 3: Phoenix, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Gainesville, Atlanta, Louisville, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Charlotte (NC), Raleigh, Greensboro (NC), Las Vegas, Reno, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Charleston (SC), Nashville, Houston, Austin, Milwaukee
Bonus: Planet Fitness may be offering free HydroMassage Nov. 3-8.
Stay tuned to Planet Fitness‘s social media and website in the coming days; there are rumors circulating that they’ll be giving anyone — member or not — a free HydroMassage at any of their 2,000+ locations Nov. 3-8. And non-members are rumored to get a free workout, too.
They’ve done similar promotions around Tax Day in the past, so it’s totally possible.
If you see something, print it out, bring it in, and they’ll honor it. Maybe this will do?
Check with your local public transit service; many are offering free rides on Nov. 3.
Many cities have made public transit free on Election Day; check with your local service to see if yours is participating.