Grandparents Day 2019 is on Sep. 8, and it’s a great opportunity to show Nana and Papa how much you love them.
If you’d like to treat your grandparents to a special day, here are discounts to celebrate Grandparents Day.
1. Go to Applebee’s to get two huge meals for just $22.
This regular deal at Applebee’s makes for a great Grandparent’s Day lunch or early dinner! Think about it: you can feed Grandma and Grandpa a huge dinner for $22!
If that’s too much food and grandma and grandpa like to eat dinner early (like at 3 p.m.) consider happy hour. Order appetizers from Applebee’s happy hour menu for half off and share!
Sign up for the Applebee’s email list before going and get a free appetizer as well!
2. Grab breakfast at IHOP or Denny’s and order off the 55+ menu.
Celebrate Grandparents Day 2019 with a breakfast at IHOP or Denny’s.
Not all grandparents are 55+, we get it. But if they are, order food off the 55+ menu at IHOP starting at $3.99. You can also do the same thing at Denny’s with their own 55+ menu.
Don’t forget to check out our list of 26 IHOP hacks that’ll literally get you free pancakes for days.
3. Get custom frames at Michaels for 60% + 25% off!
Look for deals at Michaels like Aaron Brothers custom framing for 60% off plus 25% off! You or your kiddos can make some artwork and frame it for a unique Grandparents Day gift.
4. Download free printable coloring pages from Crayola and have the kids color for your grandparents.
Trying to come up with some creative Grandparents Day ideas?
Crayola has tons of free coloring pages that make great Grandparents Day gifts — two of them are even made for grandparents! Print out a few and have the kids (or if you don’t have kids, then you) color and personalize them for Grandma and Grandpa.
5. Celebrate on Monday at Olive Garden and get two entrees for just $8.99.
Skip celebrating Sunday, when all the restaurants are crowded, and go to Olive Garden Monday through Thursday between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. to get two entrees starting at $8.99.
Have your grandparents choose between several different main dishes — it also includes never ending soup or salad and breadsticks.
6. Take your grandparents to an AMC theater and save up to 30% on tickets.
Select AMC theaters provide senior discounts up to 30% off on movie tickets for adults 60 and older.
If nobody is 60 or older, go to a matinee show when tickets are about half the regular price!
7. Take the grandparents to the library for International Literacy Day.
Sep. 8 is also International Literacy Day! Take your grandparents to the library for the many free events that local libraries plan for this day, including book walks, local author book signings, live music and art shows!
TIP: September also celebrates National Cheeseburger Day and National Pizza Day, so look for deals all month long from National pizza or burger chains.
8. Save 10% off at Chili’s with the senior discount.
Again, not all grandparents are 55+, but if you’re reading this, the chances are pretty good that yours are. Chili’s gives adults 55 and older a 10% off senior discount. This may differ by location so call ahead to check!
9. Save 67% on an annual national park pass for your grandparents.
Get a Grandparents Day gift of free national park entries all year long! The annual pass is usually $80 plus a $10 handling fee, but adults 62 and older can get them for $30 with the handling fee. These passes are also free for members of the military with a current I.D. and for fourth graders through the Every Kid Outdoors program.
Once your grandparents, member of the military or fourth grader has the pass, everyone in the car entering the park can get free entrance into national parks and federal recreation areas!
You can also buy the lifetime senior pass for $90 with the handling fee.
10. Check local museums for discounts or free entrance.
Looking for more Grandparents Day ideas other than restaurants?
Tons of museums have deals on Grandparents Day. I’ve seen some that even offer completely free admission for grandparents and grandchildren like the San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum!
Don’t worry about scrolling up to find them, we’ve got all the articles and more linked right here:
- 50 Senior Discounts That Prove Getting Old Is Awesome
- 15 Ways to Save at Applebee’s That Might Seem Too Good to Be True
- 26 IHOP Hacks That’ll Literally Get You Free Pancakes for Days
- 25 Olive Garden Secrets from Your Server That’ll Save You Serious Cash
- 7 Delicious Ways to Save at Dunkin’ Donuts
- 12 Insider Hacks to Eat for Free or Cheap at Chili’s
- Michaels deals
- Dining deals