Does the thought of shopping in store on Black Friday straight up freak you out? Me too.
And if stores like Kohl’s, Target and DICK’S Sporting Goods are offering the same doorbusters and prices in store and online, why bother leaving home?
Just stay in your pajamas and follow these 12 tips to shop the same Black Friday sales online:
1. Get early access to Black Friday deals when you shop online with Target, Macy’s, Kohl’s, JCPenney, Sam’s Club and Staples.
Not only did Target, Kohl’s, JCPenney, Macy’s, Sam’s Club and Staples offer the same prices in store and online for Black Friday last year — but online shoppers actually got earlier access to Black Friday prices.
2. Enjoy free shipping with no minimum purchase from Target, American Eagle and Best Buy on Black Friday.
3. Let Paribus monitor your online orders for reimbursements when a price drops or your packages arrive late.
If you’re planning to shop from home on Black Friday, you must sign up for Paribus.
Paribus will monitor your inbox for purchase receipts. If a price drops, Paribus will help you work on getting a price adjustment.
If your Amazon package arrives late and it has a guaranteed delivery date, Paribus will notify you so that you can request compensation from Amazon.
Paribus compensates us when you sign up for Paribus using the links we provided.
4. Shop Black Friday deals online starting at midnight on Thanksgiving.
Whether or not brick-and-mortar stores are open, their websites are always ready for business.
Best Buy – 12:01 a.m. EST Thanksgiving
JCPenney – 12:00 a.m. CST Thanksgiving
Target – 12:00 a.m. CST Thanksgiving
Kmart – 12:00 a.m. CST Thanksgiving
Walmart – 10:00 p.m. EST Thanksgiving
Staples – 12:00 a.m. Thanksgiving
Sears – 12:00 a.m. CST Thanksgiving
5. Skip lines and get free same-day pickup at Target, Best Buy and Staples.
Get your items the same day, but completely avoid crowds and lines.
6. Get the same low prices (with a better inventory) starting the day before Thanksgiving.
Last year, we saw some of the best discounts online just after midnight the day before Thanksgiving.
7. Shop Amazon’s Lightning Deals starting Nov. 16.
In addition to Amazon Lightning Deals starting mid-November and lasting until Dec. 18, you’re also likely to see 10 major deals show up at midnight on Thanksgiving and 10 more appear at midnight on Black Friday.
Sign up for “Watch this Deal” alerts for your most coveted items using the Amazon app, and be sure to read the rest of our Black Friday Amazon hacks to avoid missing out on limited inventory.
Pro Tip: If you’re not already a Prime member, sign up for a free 30-day trial by Nov. 15. You’ll get early access to Lightning Deals and free two-day shipping for all your holiday shopping.
8. Get Walmart’s Black Friday deals online a full 18 hours before they’re available in store.
Last year, Walmart’s in-store Black Friday deals started at 6:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving, but their online offers started at 12:01 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
That means Walmart’s online shoppers got an 18-hour advantage on inventory.
Pro Tip: Download the Walmart app and watch for exclusive Black Friday preview deals starting around Nov. 10.
9. Shop Kohl’s Black Friday sale online starting Monday the week of Thanksgiving.
Last year, Kohl’s gave away $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent, and Black Friday deals — including doorbusters! — were available online starting on Monday at 12:00 a.m. CST the week of Thanksgiving.
Shoppers could start spending their Kohl’s Cash the following Sunday — just in time for Cyber Monday.
10. Get DICK’S Sporting Goods doorbusters online at midnight on Thanksgiving.
DICK’S Sporting Goods featured online doorbuster deals starting at midnight on Thanksgiving while their store remained closed until 6:00 p.m.
Then, make your purchase through their shopping portal to save even more.
12. Let Honey automatically apply discounts to your online purchases.
The Honey widget lives in your browser and pops up whenever you’re making an online purchase from a retailer with an available promo code.
It’s like automatic assurance that you’re saving as much money as you can when shopping online.