One hour of video is uploaded every second to YouTube.com, and over 4 billion videos are watched every day. Never before has information been so easily available to people. From music videos and gardening tutorials to DIY instructions, there is something for everyone. Here are just a few of the ways watching YouTube can save you money.
- Free Music: YouTube is one of my favorite websites for listening to music. Log in to your account and begin searching for songs. Add videos to your favorites or create unique playlists to listen to what you want, when you want.
- Free Tutoring: I would not have passed College Algebra if it wasn't for YouTube and the many videos explaining the quadratic formula. Before paying an expensive tutor or purchasing study aides, try searching for videos on the particular subject. Many teachers, professors, and experts have made helpful videos for any level of education.
- Free Lessons: Do you want to learn how to play the guitar, but can't bring yourself to pay for the expensive lessons? There are thousands of instructional videos to choose from, and they are absolutely free. Learn how to cook, dance, draw, knit, or sew in the convenience of your own home.
- Free Fitness Instruction: Gym memberships and personal trainers can cost hundreds of dollars. Even fitness DVDs can be pricey. Before committing to a membership or investing in that 10-disc fitness program, check out some of the how to guides and instructional fitness videos.
- Free Technical Assistance: Let's be honest: computers can be tricky little things. That's why companies can charge excessive amounts of money for technical support. Save yourself some money and gain confidence by learning how to fix problems yourself. Some examples of topics would be removing viruses, installing more RAM, using Photoshop, or transferring an iTunes library to a new computer.
- Free Beauty Advice: Do you have a special event coming up? Instead of spending money at a salon to do your hair and make-up, try searching the thousands of how-to videos for hair styles and make-up looks. You can try searching terms like "smokey eye" or "romantic updo."
- Save on Auto Maintenance: It is recommended that you get an oil change every 3 months or 3,000 miles. Oil changes can range from $20-$30 if you have a mechanic do it. Why not do it yourself for a fraction of the cost? Whether you want to give your car a tune-up or change a tire, there is a video to show you how to do it.
This has been a guest post by Allison from Tampa, FL
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!