The holidays are just around the corner, and I’m definitely thinking about more ways to accumulate cash right now. Between trying to balance my family and work (plus couponing), getting another job in order to make extra money for the holidays seems nearly impossible. Fortunately, one of my friends told me about the Media Research Panel, so I wanted to share what I’ve learned with you. I’m already envisioning having no holiday debt next year because I’ll be earning all year long before next year’s gift season arrives! If you’re like me and always on the go, but need extra money then you might be interested in other ways to make money on the side. Check out our article on How to Make Extra Money by Picking Up Micro Jobs.
1. What is the Media Research Panel?
In short, the Media Research Panel (MRP) is an app-based research company that aims to learn more about people's ever-evolving use of smart devices. They do this by rewarding smart device users who install their free app with rewards points that can be used like cash.
- Visit the website to join: https://www.mediainsiderspanel.com
- You must be at least 13 years old and a U.S. resident with a valid email address.
- Both iOS and Android devices are supported.
2. About this app.
This app is easy to use and free! It uses practically no memory (3.3 MB). It simply catalogues how you use your device, without capturing any sensitive data. Here’s what you need to know to start earning:
- MRP asks all users to run the app at least five days per week, with one live TV event capture per week.
- It simply catalogues how you use your device, without capturing any sensitive data.
- The easiest way to earn is to just let the app run continuously in the background—you won't ever know it is there.
3. How much can you earn?
This is the fun part! You can run the app on just one device, or on up to three qualifying devices to increase your rewards. This is how your earnings work with one device:
- Earn $1.25 weekly for running the app at least 20 days per month (totaling $5 per month).
- You will be paid in PERKS points, redeemable for eGiftCertificates, merchandise or cash.
- If you run the app for 3 months, you’ll receive an additional $5 in PERKS points for each qualifying device.
- As an alternative, instead of opting to be paid in PERKS points, you can use your rewards to enter MRP's ongoing sweepstakes. You can win a weekly $25 Tango gift card (3 winners), a monthly $100 Tango gift card (3 winners), or a quarterly Grand Prize $10,000 (1 winner). The longer you run the MRP app, the more sweepstakes entries will be deposited on your behalf.
- You can earn $185 so long as you meet the minimum requirements for app usage (#2); all you need to do is let the app run in the background and allow your points to accrue!
4. You can earn more.
So let's say you have a smart phone, an iPod Touch, and an iPad. You decide to enroll all three devices, each of which earns you $185 per year. With these three devices you can now earn an extra $555 per year! However, be aware that it takes up to 48 hours before your device is officially registered for use.