We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
If you’re already hooked on the savings at Sam’s Club, I want to make sure you’re taking advantage of another perk for members — Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers. Once you know where to find these offers, you’ll start earning cash back on the purchases you’re already making from participating retailers like Panera, HBO Max, and Peacock. This program is 100% free to join — all you need is an active Sam’s Club membership and a SamsClub.com account. Here are all the insider deets so you can start earning more free Sam’s Cash:
For more smart shopping tips and savings hacks, text HACKS to 57299.
1. Add a credit or debit card to your Sam’s Club account to unlock Bonus Offers.
To access Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers, you’ll first need to “link” a credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express) to your Sam’s Club account. Linking a card just means you need to add the card to your Sam’s Club account.
If you already have a Sam’s Club account, here’s how to link a card:
- Visit SamsClub.com.
- Open the Sam’s Cash drop-down menu and select “Earn with Bonus Offers.”
- Go to Account, Your cards, and select the card (if you have shopped with Sam’s before) you want to associate with the Bonus Offers program.
If you’re new to Sam’s Club, tap “Manage Your Cards” to add a new card. Once you save your selection and return to the Bonus Offers page, you’ll select the card, agree to the program’s terms, and tap the “Link cards” button. Now you’re ready to earn some Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers.
2. Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers will earn you 1% – 30% cash back on your Peacock subscription or a Panera run.
The full list of retailers and service providers who’ll let you earn Sam’s Cash bonuses includes restaurants, shops, local stores, subscriptions, and online retailers. The amount of Sam’s Cash each merchant offers as a bonus can vary. Take a look at some of their current offers on the website:
- 30% cash back on a monthly or annual Peacock subscription
- 25% off the Homer Learn & Grow app
- 20% cash back on Panera Bread
- 15% cash back on Dropbox
- 15% cash back on HBO Max
TIP: Bonus offers change often, so always check your Sam’s Club app before you make a purchase.
3. You can shop online or in store to earn your Sam’s Club Bonus Offers.
To earn Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers, you can either shop online or in store using your linked payment card.
But before you shop, you’ll first need to activate the offer within your Sam’s Club account so you get credit on your purchase. Under each offer, you’ll see an option to “Activate” the offer as well as whether the offer applies to online purchases or in-store purchases only.
Most restaurant offers — like cash back for Panera Bread, Olive Garden, and Longhorn Steakhouse purchases — will require you to activate the offer online, then use your “linked” card to pay in store.
If you want to shop sites like Moosejaw and Vitamix, you must first activate the offer on SamsClub.com, then select the link for “Order online at [merchant].” When you’re ready to check out, pay with the card you linked to your Sam’s Club account. After you’ve made your purchase, you can check your Bonus Offers earnings in your Sam’s Club account under the Bonus Offers tab.
4. Earn an unlimited amount of Sam’s Cash through Bonus Offers.
Sam’s Club Plus members still have a 2% or $500 annual limit for the amount of Plus Rewards (formerly “Cash Rewards) they can earn on their purchases. (The annual limit is $5,000 with the Sam’s Club Mastercard.)
However, there’s NO limit to how much you can earn through Sam’s Club Bonus Offers program.
5. You have three options for redeeming your Sam’s Cash.
When you earn Sam’s Cash with Bonus Offers, it’ll automatically get added to your account every month (unlike Costco and BJ’s, who pay their rewards out annually).
Once Sam’s Cash is in your account, there are three ways to use it:
- Spend it at your local warehouse or online — just select Sam’s Cash as your payment method at checkout.
- Use it to pay for your membership fees.
- Redeem it for cash by visiting the Member Services desk.
TIP: Unlike other cash-back programs, Sam’s Cash lets you use your funds with no minimum requirements.
6. Here’s how to rack up enough Bonus Offers to pay for a Plus membership.
So how much would you have to spend just through the Bonus Offers program to cover your annual Sam’s Club membership fee?
I did the math and found that you’d need to spend about $470 through the program to pay for a basic membership ($50/year) and $940 to cover a Plus membership ($110/year).
Assuming you’re not earning Sam’s Cash in other ways (like the 2% cash back you earn on Sam’s Club purchases as a Plus member), here’s how you could earn enough to cover your Plus membership:
- Pay for your Peacock monthly subscription ($4.99/month) for $59.88 total — Earn 30% in Sam’s Cash, or $17.64
- Spend $40 twice at Panera — Earn 20% in Sam’s Cash, or $16
- Sign up for an annual Masterclass subscription ($15/month) for $180 — Earn 20% in Sam’s Cash, or $36
- Buy the Ascent2300 Vitamix blender for $499.95 — Earn 5% in Sam’s Cash, or $25
- Pay $119.88 for your annual 2T Dropbox subscription — Earn 15% in Sam’s Cash, or $17.98
Total spent: $939.71 (or $78.31 a month).
Sam’s Cash earned: $112.62
FAQs About Sam’s Cash & Bonus Offers
Does Sam’s Cash expire?
No, Sam’s Cash does not expire, so you can use it whenever you want.
What happens to the Sam’s Cash I earned if I make a return?
If you make a return, the earned Sam’s Cash gets deducted from your total Sam’s Cash balance. This may result in a negative balance, but your balance will become positive again once you earn enough to clear the negative balance.
How can I check my Sam’s Cash balance?
You can see your available Sam’s Cash on SamsClub.com, in the Sam’s Club mobile app (iOS / Android) under “Your account,” or when you choose Sam’s Cash as a payment method during checkout.