Want to know the secret to the cheapest, chicest and simplest hairstyle that celebrities love? What if I told you all you need is shoulder length hair, any texture, thick or thin to achieve a big bun like Jennifer Lopez or Lauren Conrad?
The only difference between you and these women (other than your bank accounts, wardrobes, personal staff, automobiles
and mansions) is a sock!
Put a Sock in It!
- Find the sock! Be it a tube sock, a dress sock or a knee sock–it doesn’t matter, just as long as it isn’t an ankle sock. It is also a good idea to match the sock to your hair color. If you have blonde hair, a plain white sock will work just fine, and if you have brunette to black hair, grab a black dress sock.
- Take your sock and cut off the toe portion.
- Take one end of the sock and start rolling it into a “donut” shape. You will stop once it is completely formed. Voila! The sock is complete!
- Put your hair into a ponytail. For a sleek bun, apply some frizz serum or shine cream to your hair.
- Place your pony tail through the hole of the sock donut, (looks like a scrunchie).
- Pull your hair around the sock, to cover it completely. Place your hand on top of the bun for structure. Tuck hair under the sock in a sideways motion. Make your way around the sock; once you’re done, safely secure the bun with a few bobby pins.
Could it be any simpler? Are you gonna try it? This very well could be the perfect look for that Christmas party!
If you’re a sock bun pro, please share your tips!