We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
1. Freeze static cling-prone skirts and shirts before wearing.
Get rid of static cling without chemical sprays.
2. Freeze coffee in ice cube trays for iced coffee that doesn’t get watered down.
3. Place wood items bought secondhand in the freezer to kill any potential woodworms and pests.
Freeze bowls, utensils, little wooden figurines, and anything else that’s wood in the freezer for at least two days.
4. Fill jugs with water and stick them in the freezer to fill empty space.
Freezers run more efficiently when full.
5. Extend a wax candle’s burning time by placing it in the freezer.
Put a wax candle in your freezer for about a day before lighting it, and find that it will burn slower and last about twice as long.
6. Get fluffier whipped cream by chilling the beater and bowl beforehand.
7. Fill a sock with rice and freeze for two hours. Then, place it between bedsheets to stay cool while you sleep.
8. Unwrap plastic wrap easily by placing the roll in the freezer first.
9. Preserve and store seeds in the freezer until next season.
Completely dry this season’s seeds, and package them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Make sure to fully thaw seeds before planting.
10. Freeze difficult-to-wash stuffed animals and pillows to kill dust mites or pests.
Place the item in a plastic bag, squeeze out all the air, and chill in the freezer for at least 48 hours.
11. Freeze aloe vera gel in ice cube trays for extra cooling when sunburned.
Store ready-made cubes in a Ziploc freezer bag.
12. Remove puffiness and bags under eyes with a spoon that’s been in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
13. Kill bacteria and remove odors from jeans by putting them in a freezer.
14. Insert a plastic or wooden spoon into yogurt cups and freeze for easy yogurt pops.