Here are the directions for the Spider Cakes from our Budget Halloween Party. To learn where to find the best deal on all supplies needed for this bargain party, read more about our$50 Party Challenge and recreate this party for yourself!
SPIDER CAKES [cost $4.83]
Ding Dong type cakes
Bag of black licorice
10 sets of googly eyes
Skewer or lollipop stick
Cake stands or platter of your choice
- Unwrap 10 of the ding dong type cakes and set aside.
- Cut your black licorice pieces in half. Depending on the type of licorice you find, you may be able to cut them in halves or even fourths to make smaller legs like I did. Set aside.
- Melt one piece chocolate (or use some of the remainder from the Mummy Pops) and attach a set of googly eyes to each of your ding dong type cakes. Set aside.
- Taking your skewer or lollipop stick, poke 4 holes in each side of the ding dong cake and insert a piece of licorice.
- Place finished spiders on cake stands or a platter. So easy, yet so cute!
More Halloween Tutorials
This party was planned exclusively for KCL by Simply Chic Living.
Photographed by Profinish Design.