We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Wanna shed those extra pounds effortlessly?
Use these five sneaky ways to trick yourself into burning more calories throughout the day:
1. Make playlists as long as your workout.
Do this to avoid constantly looking at the time. Stop when the music stops.
2. Before you go out to dinner or a party, eat two cups of raw vegetables to avoid overeating unhealthy food.
3. Get paid every time you work out.
Put a dollar in a jar each time you work out.
4. Eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up to boost your metabolism.
5. Exercise your calves while brushing your teeth.
6. Listen to fast, upbeat music while you clean.
You’ll move faster and burn more calories.
7. Every time you walk up the stairs, do a little workout.
Run in place on each step for 5 seconds or so, then jump to the next step.
8. Chew sugarless gum while you grocery shop and cook.
It’ll stave off hunger and keep you away from buying tempting junk foods. You’ll also burn about 11 calories per hour when you chew gum.
9. Squat every time you pick something off the floor.
Instead of bending at the waist to pick something up, keep your back straight and bend at the knees.
10. March in place while sitting at your desk.
Bring your knees up and down as if you’re marching while sitting down.