I’ve been looking for a low-cal, delicious dessert—and I’m happy to report that I found it! This souffle is light, fluffy and only 80 calories! Serve it warm with berries or let it cool and eat it plain. Use this coupon to save on yogurt: $1.00/5 – Yoplait Greek 100 Yogurt – (coupons.com) .
Greek Yogurt Souffle
1 cup Greek yogurt – $0.99
3 large egg yolks, reserve whites – $0.16
3 Tbsp flour – $0.15
1/8 tsp salt – $0.01
1 tsp vanilla extract – $0.03
3 large egg whites – $0.16
1/8 tsp cream of tartar – $0.02
1/4 cup sugar – $0.08
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 6 ramekins and dust inside with sugar. Place on a baking tray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg yolks, flour, salt and vanilla. Set aside.
3. Use a mixer to beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together until foamy. Gradually pour in sugar and beat until peaks start to form. Add 1/3 of the egg white mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Carefully fold in another 1/3 of the egg whites. Fold in remaining mixture until just combined.
4. Divide evenly into ramekins and bake on tray for 15 minutes or until souffle has risen and is light brown.
5. Serve immediately with berries and whipped cream.
Serves – 6
Total Cost: $1.60