- Put your wrinkled clothing into the dryer.
- Add 2-4 pieces of ice to the dryer depending on how many clothes you’re trying to get wrinkle-free.
- Set the dryer on a medium or high heat setting for 5 to 15 minutes. As the dryer gets hot, the ice will melt and create steam, which will get rid of the wrinkles!
- Check the dryer after 10 minutes. I find that my clothes are usually ready at this point.
- Remove the clothing, shake it out a bit, and it's ready to wear!
Don't put the entire tray of ice into your dryer—no matter how large your dryer is. Too much ice equals a wet mess because the environment won't get hot enough to create steam. You don't want to add too many clothes either! I found the perfect combination is three cubes of ice and three articles of clothing.
Bonus delicate fabric tip:
Having trouble getting stubborn wrinkles out of a silky or delicate top while ironing? Just wrap one ice cube in a washcloth and rub the ice over the wrinkles so that the fabric gets a tiny bit wet. Run your iron over the fabric. The wetness left behind by the ice will create enough steam to erase those annoying wrinkles!