We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Those Clorox Bleach Pens are so handy. Such a great way to get at stains when you can't bleach a whole shirt! Instead of buying them, save yourself a few dollars and make your own that will work just as well!
- ¾ C water
- ¼ C cornstarch
- 5–8 Tbsp bleach
- Empty glue bottle
- Mix together cold water and cornstarch.
- Stir continually over medium to high heat until mixture thickens.
- Once your mixture is thick and pasty, let it cool.
- Stir in the bleach. The mixture will thin out depending on how much you add. The more bleach you add, the stronger your gel will be.
- For an easy way to transfer the bleach mixture into your glue bottle, use a resealable sandwich bag. Fill the bag, seal it, and cut a small hole in the corner, and squeeze the gel into the glue bottle.
- There you have it—your own bleach pen for just pennies!