These aren’t your traditional caramel apples! Dip them in white chocolate, cinnamon and sugar for a true apple-pie flavor. They make a great holiday party dessert or gift!
Apple-Pie Caramel Apples
4 large tart apples (like Granny Smith) – $1.23
1 bag Kraft caramels – $1.50
2 Tbsp sugar – $0.04
2 tsp cinnamon – $0.12
1 bag white chocolate chips – $2
4 Popsicle sticks – $0.10
Heath Bar bits
Candy bar crumbs
1. Wash, scrub and dry off apples. Push Popsicle sticks into top of each apple. Set apples aside.
2. In a medium saucepan on medium heat, melt caramels, stirring continuously.
3. Dip apples in melted caramel, making sure to fully coat. Hold apple over caramel-filled pan to let excess caramel drip back in. Set apple on parchment or wax paper sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Cool apples in fridge until caramel is set. Meanwhile, mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
5. When caramel has set up, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. If mixture is too thick you can add a little vegetable oil. Coat apple with white chocolate. Let set five minutes and roll in cinnamon and sugar.
6. If you would like additional toppings, roll your apple in them now.
7. Cool apples in fridge until chocolate is set. These are great to wrap in cellophane and give to friends and neighbors!
Yields: 4 apples
Total Cost: $4.99