In the mood for orange chicken? Try this healthier version. All the taste without the grease. Use this coupon to save on soy sauce: $1.00/1 – Kikkoman Product – (coupons.smartsouce.com)
Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
3 chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 Tbls cornstarch
4 cups chopped vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, snap peas, mushrooms, etc. I purchased a fresh bag of stir-fry vegetables in the produce department at Walmart.
2 Tbls olive oil
4 cups minute rice
1/2 cup orange juice
2 Tbls soy sauce
2 Tbls white rice vinegar
1 Tbls orange zest
2 gloves minced garlic
1 Tbls honey
1. Put all of the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and buzz for one minute. Pour into a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a medium size bowl sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add the cornstarch to the chicken and massage it into the chicken until all pieces are covered.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and chicken; stir over med-high heat until cooked through.
4. Cook fresh or frozen vegetables on stove top or in microwave until crisp-tender.
5. When the vegetables are cooked, add them to the chicken and onion mixture. Cook and stir for two minutes.
6. Pour sauce into stir-fry and stir. Serve over rice.
Serves 4 to 6.
Total Cost: $8.73