What to include in your emails
Include the following when corresponding with a manufacturer regarding their products. In the emails in which I did not request a coupon, I only received a message thanking me for using their product—so be specific in your review and in your request! Here are three pieces of information you should definitely always include:
- Product name
- Product review
- Request for any available coupons
7 Companies to contact for coupons
Here are my findings. I hope they inspire you to contact these manufacturers for more savings!
1. Silk Almondmilk: The form I filled out required me to input the UPC code for the milk product I purchased. I received a $1 coupon in the mail and was informed that the offer was limited to 1 coupon per person, per year.
2. Luzianne Tea: I asked for samples but didn’t receive any. I did, however, receive (1) $0.50 manufacturer coupon for Luzianne Tea and a very nice letter about how to make tea!
3. Nature Made Vitamins: The Web site featured a coupon link with (4) $1 coupons! Score! I had to set up an account in order to print them, and I also signed up for the newsletter.
4. Jif To Go: Jif has a great Web site with lots of information, especially for kids. There was not a visible coupon link available, so I clicked the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page, sent an email regarding Jif To Go, and requested coupons and samples. I also signed up for the newsletter. I received (2) $0.35 coupons for any Jif product.
5. Stouffer’s: I signed up for their Dinner Club which offers exclusive coupons and Stouffer’s information. I also clicked on “Contact Us” and sent them an email praising their lasagna and requesting any available coupons. To my delight, I received a response in three hours asking permission to post some of my comments on their Facebook page. They also notified me that I would be receiving coupons in the mail in 7-10 days! Here’s what I got: (1) $0.55 coupon for one Stouffer’s Entrée, (1) $1.00 coupon for a Stouffer’s family size meal, and (1) $1.50 coupon for a large family size or party size Stouffer’s meal.
6. Butterball: I emailed Butterball regarding their wonderful turkey bacon. I received a recipe book in the mail! I was also told that coupons are frequently released and to look for them in my community.
7. U by Kotex: I sent an email to the company, signed up for a free sample, and received a $1 coupon via email today after getting a sample in the mail.