Instead of throwing away old, unused or extra contact lens cases — recycle and reuse them.
Do that with any of these ingenious uses for contact lens cases:
1. Store mouthwash in each side to keep in your purse.
2. Fill with makeup foundation when traveling.
3. Keep your earbuds tangle-free by wrapping the cord around the case.
4. Carry your daily vitamins or Advil in your purse (so you don’t forget to take them).
5. Take moisturizer and face wash with you for an overnight trip.
6. Pack condiments in your or your kid’s lunchbox.
7. Store small earrings or necklaces so you don’t lose them.
8. Make your own DIY lip balm.
You’ll need three tablespoons of beeswax pellets, two tablespoons of shea butter, four tablespoons of coconut oil (almond oil, olive oil or grapeseed oil works as well) and your favorite essential oil.
Heat up the beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each time. Once melted, add in your essential oil. Pour the mixture into your contact lens case and let cool.
9. Pack salt and pepper for a summer camping trip.
10. Store fake eyelashes so you don’t lose them and can reuse them.
11. Use as a finger paint holder for kids.
12. Store small crafts like beads or glitter.