We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Look, I get it — sometimes you feel like giving a gift card is the easy way out.
It’s hard to shop for people, but it also feels so dang impersonal to just hand over a store-branded gift card.
Show the people on your list that you’ve put some thought into their gift with these thoughtful and creative ways to present their gift cards!
- Hot glue the gift card, standing up, to the inside of the lid
- Add some cute Christmassy decor to the inside of the lid
- Fill the jar with water and glitter
- Attach the lid and add some cute decor to the outside of the jar such as a ribbon or a gift tag
- Gather some festive scrapbooking paper or colorful felt
- Cut paper into an ornament shape such as a ball, gingerbread man, candy cane, etc.
- Attach some ribbon or string so that you can hang the card
- Adhere the gift card
- Hang it on the tree
3. Pretty Card
- Use 2 pieces of pretty scrapbooking paper
- On the back side, use a bowl to trace 2 circles per each piece of paper
- Cut out circles and fold each in half
- Overlap each piece on each other and glue a square piece in the middle to secure them
- Adhere the gift card inside (and write a sweet note!)
- Fold it up as you would a box where the last flap gets tucked under
- Tie it up with ribbon and deliver
UP NEXT: The Most Returned Gifts and What You Should Be Buying Instead