Who’s ready for some Pinterest baby shower ideas that are both cool and cheap? If you’re throwing a baby shower for an expecting family member or friend and you’re not sure what to do for shower activities or decor, this list is for you. We promise these Pinterest baby shower ideas — all under $20 — will make the party stand out. Trust us; you’ll want to save money to spend on actual baby gifts. Don’t forget these baby freebies are great for any parent-to-be.
1. Ask guests to bring their favorite childhood book. Spend: $0
Asking guests is a great Pinterest baby shower idea that’ll start building up the baby’s library. You can easily find baby books for under $5 by following book deals on the free The Krazy Coupon Lady app or website.
2. Ask guests to share advice and wishes for the parents-to-be. Spend: $17.49
Pass out advice and wishes cards ($12.99) along with writing pens ($4.50) and have guests fill them out. You can have the guests leave the completed cards at their table or drop them off in a basket or box.
3. Play a baby bottle candy guessing game. Spend: $17.25
Fill a large plastic baby bottle ($7.99) with jelly beans ($3.98) (make sure you counted them!) and have guests guess the number of jelly beans. Ask guests to write their guesses and names on pieces of paper or index cards ($1.30) and put them into a box or basket.
The person whose guess is closest to the correct number of jelly beans wins the bottle and the jelly beans.
4. Give away table centerpieces as prizes for the game winners. Spend: free
Pick some flowers from your garden (or your neighbor’s) and put them in empty jars and vases for free game prizes.
Just tie a pink or blue ribbon around them and you’re all set!
5. Buy a premade balloon arch from Amazon. Spend: $16.99
Build a balloon arch as a cheap decorative touch for a baby shower. Amazon has several that include everything you need.
6. Have guests write encouraging messages to the parents on diapers. Spend: $18.86
Grab a 31-pack of Pampers Newborn Swaddlers for under $10 at Target, and then have guests use Sharpies to write little messages ($9.27) for the parent on the back of each diaper. Don’t let them read the diapers until they’re used!
7. Build a bagel bar with private brand bagels and cream cheese. Spend: $19.22
Perfect for a brunch baby shower, simply stack up different bagels with a mix of cream cheese for your guests to enjoy.
- Walmart: 2 packs of 6-count Walmart brand plain sliced bagels, $1.62 per bag
- Walmart: 2 packs of 6-count Walmart brand Cinnamon Raisin Bagels, $1.62 per bag
- Kroger generic: 2 packs of 6-count Kroger brand bagels, $1.99 per bag
- Meijer cream cheese: 4 containers of 12-ounce Meijer brand Cream Cheese Spread, $2.19 each
8. Play the ‘Don’t Say Baby’ game with clothespins. Spend: $1.88 – $10.88
Buy a pack of clothespins from Walmart for $1.88 and give one to each guest. Instruct the guests that if they hear anybody say the word “baby,” they can take that person’s clothespin.
9. Ask guests to color pages for baby’s first ABC book. Spend $19.43
Here’s a fun baby shower activity that can be a keepsake. Print an alphabet coloring book ($10.80) on printer paper or cardstock ($4.72). Lay the pages out with some colored pencils ($2.97) and a couple of pencil sharpeners ($0.47) for the guests.
10. Hold a diaper raffle. Spend: $15.99
Ask your guests to bring a pack of diapers to the baby shower if they want to be in the diaper raffle. Hand out a raffle ticket ($5.99) to each person that brought a pack and draw a number at random. That person can win a prize, like a $10 Target gift card or Amazon gift card. Bonus: this’ll help the parents-to-be stock up on diapers.
Not sure if you’ll have enough diapers when your little one gets here? We can show you how to stock up on a year’s worth of diapers before your baby is born.