These chocolate bowls can be made in a snap, and can be filled with ice cream or even your favorite candy treats. How sweet would these be to make for children’s birthday parties or an ice cream sundae bar?
Here is what you will need!
- 1 bag of microwavable milk chocolate candy melts.
- 1 sheet of wax paper.
- 6 party balloons (Note–be sure no one has a latex allergy if you choose latex balloons. To be on the safe side, you may wish to look for non-latex!)
- 1 straight pin.
Here is what you will do!
- Just as you would if you were making water balloons, attach the balloons to the faucet and fill halfway only. Tie and set aside. (Note–some people have suggested filling with air, but filling with water releases the chocolate more slowly when it comes time to take the bowl off of the balloon. Trust me!)
- Pour the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue this process until the pieces are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Lay a sheet of wax paper on a cooking tray.
- Place a large dollop of the chocolate mixture on the paper. This will serve as the base of your bowl.
- Dip your balloons in the mixture so that the bottom portion is evenly covered. Remove and place on the dollop of chocolate.
- When all of the balloons have been dipped, placed the tray in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Remove the balloon and hold over the sink while you carefully poke it with a pin. Let the water slowly drip out. You will want the bowl to be released from the balloon slowly so it does not break!
Once you remove your bowl you are all set! There is no end to the different goodies you can fill it with. And, of course, my argument is, why use a bowl you will have to wash? I would much rather eat mine.