We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Try this colorful lip gloss made with just two ingredients: Kool-Aid and Vaseline. What a fun, easy activity for kids of all ages. The upsides: Kool-Aid comes in a variety of colors, tastes great, and is super cheap! Make a few extra and give as gifts!
- Kool-Aid packets – $0.17 a packet at Wal-Mart
- Container for lip gloss storage – use a small empty spice container, or any small jar will work.
- Craft supplies – optional
- Put a cup of Vaseline into a small microwavable bowl.
- Heat until it is easy to stir, about 30 seconds. Be careful not to let it turn into liquid. (The Vaseline in the very bottom may liquefy, but the key is to just get it warm enough to stir.)
- Sprinkle Kool-Aid into Vaseline and stir.
- Transfer to container and enjoy!