If you’re in the same boat and you don’t want to pay for another scrubber–check this out! You can make your own pot scrubbers from your leftover produce bags (think navel oranges, clementines, grapefruit, potatoes, onions- you get the point)!
Here is what you will need:
- Save the netting from your ‘plastic’ produce bags. The stiffer the better.
- 6+ inches of yarn or string.
- A pair of scissors.
Now you can start creating
- Gather your bags and accordion fold them into segments 2-3 inches long. One bag will work, but the more you use, the fluffier the scrubber.
- Tightly tie off with center with string.
- Use your scissors to snip each loop of the bag so they are now open.
- Fluff your scrubber into shape.
That's it! Add a dab of dish soap and your scrubber is ready for action. Simple enough for your kids to do with you! Now, your job will be to see if you can get them to do some of the scrubbing!
Photo Credit Rock Farmer