We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
While you don’t usually think of Black Friday grocery deals when shopping for the holidays, there are plenty of savings to be had. After all, food is still a necessity, even during the biggest shopping day of the year. While it might not be the most popular time to stock up on household items, there are lots of discounts, coupons, and sales you’ll want to know about.
So go ahead and pick up your groceries while you get your Christmas goodies, Hannukah presents, or Kwanzaa gifts. We found the best Black Friday grocery deals so you can save money on the stuff you need every day. That way you have a little spare cash for your holiday shopping.
For more savings, text BLACKFRIDAY to 57299 and receive real-time text alerts when Black Friday deals go live.
Early Black Friday Grocery Deals You Can Get Now
Black Friday Grocery Deals at Target
This week, Target is running some pretty insane specials on grocery and household essentials. Just order online for same-day delivery or in-store pickup to qualify. Plus, same-day delivery through Shipt is free with orders of $50 or more. So you’ll be saving both time and money. Here are some deals that we love:
- BOGO 20% off select cakes, cookies, and pies
- Four for $4 on certain canned food items
- BOGO 25% off select Pillsbury products
- BOGO 50% off on King’s Hawaiian Rolls
Walmart Black Friday Kitchen Sales
Walmart’s Black Friday deals also include necessary household items. You can score free shipping/delivery, early access to sales, and discounts on fuel with a Walmart Plus membership. Some sale items that you won’t want to miss include:
- Stove Top Turkey Stuffing Mix Side Dish, $1.98 (reg. $2.28)
- McCormick Sage, $3.77 (reg. $4.76)
- Freshness Guaranteed 8-inch Pumpkin Pie, $4.28 (reg. $4.98)
- Celery Stalk, $0.98 (reg. $1.68)
- Russet Potatoes, 5-pound bag, $2.76 (reg. $3.47)
- Frito-Lay Flamin’ Hot Mix Variety Pack, $10.98 (reg. $15.99)
- Gourmia 14-Quart All-in-One Air Fryer, $60
Costco Black Friday Grocery Deals
Costco has both early Black Friday and Black Friday food deals. Expect online and warehouse deals through Nov. 28, with the exception of Thanksgiving Day when stores will be closed. Additionally, it’s worth noting that there’s a higher price for delivery, so to save the most money, you’ll want to grab these items in store. Just a few of our personal favorite early Black Friday sale items include:
- David’s Cookies Butter Pecan Meltaways, $34.99 (reg. $39.99)
- Godiva Premium Chocolate Variety, $58.99 (reg. $79.99)
- Amylu Chicken Meatballs, Cranberry & Jalapeno, $12.99 (reg. $18.99)
And if you prefer to get deals on Black Friday, we love these discounts:
- Keurig K-Cup® Pods Crafted Classics Collection, $28.99 (reg. $36.99)
- Artisan Rolls, 12 ct, $4.99 (reg. $5.99)
- $5 off Petite Cuisine Mozzarella Sticks, prices vary by location
Sam’s Club Instant Savings Event
While these deals are only valid through Nov. 23, they’re still too good to pass up. Besides, even if it’s not called an early Black Friday deal, the savings sure feel like one. Sam’s Club does technically have an official Black Friday sale, but we’re currently not seeing any grocery items listed. So our favorite Instant Savings deals are:
- Stouffer’s Signature Lasagna with Meat Sauce, $10.48 (reg. $13.48)
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls, $7.48 (reg. $9.98)
- Member’s Mark Ready to Cook Chicken Wings, $23.98 (reg. $29.98)
What time do grocery stores open on Black Friday?
If you’re looking for specific store hours on Black Friday or don’t know whether or not one will even be open, we’re here to help:
- See our Black Friday schedule for a full calendar and details on when Black Friday starts at various stores.
- Check this complete list of stores that are open on Black Friday.
- Refer to this list for Black Friday hours for every store, including Costco, Walmart, Sam’s Club, and more.