Need seriously strong motivation to eat better? How about getting paid to eat well?
Here are 11 ways to make money by simply eating well:
1. Get cash back on your organic groceries with Ibotta.
You know we love the Ibotta app, but did you know you can earn cash back on organic groceries and fresh produce using it?
Stores like Whole Foods, Natural Grocers, Thrive, and Sprouts offer cash back Ibotta rebates — all you have to do is scan the barcodes and snap a photo of your receipt after choosing the rebates you want.
You don’t even have to shop at expensive stores like Whole Foods to get healthy deals. Snag these organic rebates at Walmart:
- $1 cash back on Dave’s Killer Bread
- $1 cash back on Bob’s Red Mill Oatmeal
- $0.75 cash back on Pure Growth Organic Crispy Rice Squares
- $0.75 cash back on Birds Eye Frozen Superfood Blends
- $1.50 cash back on Orgain Organic Protein Almond Milk
Ibotta also runs fresh produce deals like $0.25 off any brand of strawberries or bananas.
Plus, get a $10 bonus after redeeming your first rebate.
2. Redeem cash-back offers on all-natural, organic products with BerryCart.
BerryCart is another grocery rebate app, but it only offers rebates on all-natural, non-GMO, organic products.
And while BerryCart’s offers don’t change nearly as often as Ibotta, there are still some tasty deals including:
- $0.75 cash back on Hope Organic Hummus
- $1 cash back on Sweet Earth Plant-Based Burritos
- $0.75 cash back on Gluten-Free Saffron Road Lentil Crackers
- $1 cash back on MySuperFoods Organic Kids Cookies
- $1 cash back on Barnana Chewy Banana Bites
Plus, you can use BerryCart and Ibotta at the same time if they have overlapping rebates.
3. Earn $10 by logging your healthy habits with the Achievemint app.
Earn up to six points per day for entering your daily calories, keeping a healthy food diary, or for tweeting about that healthy dish you ordered last night.
Once you earn 10,000 points on Achievemint, cash out for a free $10.
4. Compete with friends and get paid to reach your weight-loss goal using DietBet.
Round up your squad, or join an existing pool of strangers to compete in a DietBet weight-loss challenge.
Everyone puts around $30 in the “pot” to start. After four weeks, whoever lost 4-10% of their body weight splits the prize money.
5. Gamble on your weight-loss success to earn prize money with HealthyWage.
The amount of money you can win with HealthyWage depends on how much weight you want to lose, your current weight, and how much time you want to give yourself.
For example, if you want to lose 25 pounds in six months, and you bet $10 per month, the prize money is between $133 and $353.
Here’s the catch: You need to bet that you’re going to lose the weight, and if you don’t reach your goal, you’ll have to pay instead.
Ebates is a shopping portal that offers cash back rebates on over 2,000 retail websites, including healthy food sites.
Here are a few of the deals you can snag:
- Blue Apron: $7.50 cash back
- Fit & Fresh: 4% cash back
- Fruit Bouquets by 1800Flowers.com: 10% cash back
- Golden State Fruit: 8% cash back
- Graze: 2% cash back
- Home Chef: 10% cash back
- NatureBox: 2% cash back
- The Fruit Company: 6% cash back
7. Or get 10% cash back on Blue Apron with Upromise.
There are hundreds of retailers, and some healthier options include:
- Peapod: Earn $9 when you place your first order
- Teavana: 5% cash back
- Blue Apron: 10% cash back on any new subscription
- Edible Arrangements: 5% cash back
- My Protein: 5% cash back
- Burpee: 6% cash back
- LivingSocial (find healthy grocery deals and healthy restaurants): 5% cash back
8. Get a $10 healthy dining credit using Restaurant.com.
First, create a Restaurant.com account to score that $10 credit.
Then, use the site’s filters to find restaurants serving locally grown ingredients, organic, gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan options.
9. Link your payment card to Yelp to earn up to 10% cash back when you dine out.
Once your credit or debit card is linked to your Yelp account, search “Healthy Restaurants” under the “Find” tab.
You can also search by selecting nutritious categories such as health markets, juice bars, gluten-free, organic stores, vegetarian, or vegan.
Click your restaurant of choice and get up to 10% cash back when you arrive.
10. Get free Jamba Juice, Subway, and Panera with their rewards programs.
These spots offer healthy options AND free food when you join their reward programs:
- Great Harvest Bread Co.: Get $5 for every 75 points you earn.
- Jamba Juice: Earn 1 point per $1 spent. Get $3 free for every 35 points you earn (plus perks on your birthday and $3 off just for joining.)
- MAD GREENS: Place four catering orders and get a $25 Target or REI gift card.
- Modern Market: Get $10 back for every $100 you spend. You’ll also earn $3 just for signing up, plus a birthday treat!
- Native Foods Café: Receive a $10 reward when you reach 200 points (one point earned per $1 spent), plus a $10 birthday reward.
- Panera Bread: Earn $20 in catering for every $500 you spend.
- SaladWorks: Earn $3-$5 (depending on your member level) for every 100 points you earn (1 point earned per $1 spent).
- Subway: Earn 1 point per $1 spent. 200 points will earn you $2 off.
- Teavana: Earn points for every dollar spent at Teavana (and Starbucks). Get free loose-leaf tea or a drink for every 125 points at the Gold level, and free birthday treats for all levels.
- Zoe’s Kitchen: With Zoe’s catering, choose from 3% back on a Zoe’s Kitchen gift card or 1% cash back on a Visa Prepaid Card.
11. Get $0.05 or $0.10 back when you bring your own bags to Sprouts or Whole Foods.