French fries often play sidekick to hamburgers or other entrees, but on July 13, 2020 — National French Fry Day — they’re the star of the show.
A number of restaurants nationwide are helping us celebrate the best use of potatoes by offering free and almost-free french fries.
And if you miss out on the big day, don’t worry; free and cheap fries are never too hard to get.
Here are the deals, ranked from cheapest — ahem, free — to still-cheap-but-not-free:
1. McDonald’s is giving out free medium fries to app users.
While their weekly Free Fry Day has been a highlight of the summer, McDonald’s is also giving customers free medium fries on Monday, July 13, as part of National Fry Day.
Just get the McDonald’s app and get your no-purchase-necessary free fries via Mobile Order and Pay, or by scanning the deal code at the drive-thru or counter. Limit of one free order per person.
Also, the McDonald’s app almost always has a $1 large fries deal available.
2. Use a coupon to get free small fries at White Castle.
You don’t have to buy anything to get the free small fries at White Castle on July 13, but you will need a coupon. You can print or share the free fries coupon at the White Castle website. Just remember, the coupon is valid on National French Fry Day only.
3. Steak ‘n Shake is still handing out free fries to everyone.
Back in late March, Steak ‘n Shake introduced free fries for everyone via the drive-thru, as part of their “We’re All Essential” promo.
4. Taco John’s is giving away their version of fries with any app-made purchase.
Make any purchase with the Taco John’s app to get a free order of hash browns-like Potato Oles all day on Monday, July 13.
5. KFC just reintroduced fries to their menu, and they’ll cost $0.30 each.
An individual size of the reintroduced Secret Recipe Fries costs just $0.30 on National Fry Day — the same price the fries were when they first debuted in 1970.
There’s a limit of one discounted order of fries per customer with any purchase of a full-price menu item. Unfortunately, the deal doesn’t work with online or delivery orders.
6. Burger King is offering $1 large fries via their app.
This deal isn’t specific to National Fry Day, but if your plan is to eat free/cheap fries nonstop all day, this is a valid part of the strategy.
Sadly, Burger King’s recent Free Fry Day promotion (aka free fries on Fridays) just came to an end.
7. Checkers & Rally’s have a coupon for $1 small, medium, and large fries.
Get this special coupon and either print it out or show it to a cashier on your smartphone to score any size of fries at Checkers or Rally’s — only on July 13.
8. Spend $20 on a Fatburger Postmates order and get free fries until July 19.
Fatburger & Buffalo’s Express are giving away “skinny” or “fat fries” — and not just on July 13. You’ll score the freebie through July 19 when you place an order of $20 or more to either of these restaurants via Postmates.
9. Buy any double burger at Smashburger and get a free side of Smash Fries.
This deal is on July 13 only, but unlike a lot of these offers, it does work with delivery orders when you place the order from Smashburger.com. It also works via drive-thru and pickup.
10. Arby’s email subscribers get free fries and a soft drink with sandwich purchase.
Fill out your name, email, zip code and birthday to join Arby’s email list. Not only will you get deals info and news about Arby’s promotions, but you’ll get a printable coupon for free Arby’s fries and a soft drink with purchase of any Arby’s Signature Sandwiches.
11. Carl’s Jr. & Hardee’s also give fries and a drink to email subscribers.
When you sign up for their emails, Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s will give you a coupon for free small fries and a free small drink with purchase of any Western Bacon Cheeseburger. This isn’t a Fry Day promo, though; it’s all the time.
12. Wendy’s is offering a “$1 off” app coupon for large fries.
Large fries tend to cost around $2.19 (although prices vary by location). When you place an order via the Wendy’s app or present the coupon to the cashier or drive-thru window via the Deals tab, they’ll just cost $1.19.
13. BurgerFi is offering free burgers on July 13, then free fries July 14-17.
While plenty of burger joints are offering free fries on National Fry Day, BurgerFi reportedly is offering half-price double cheeseburgers in stores on July 13 — followed by free regular fries with any purchase in the BurgerFi app July 14-17.