We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Out of all the best employee discounts out there, the Hilton employee discount gets a 10 out of 10. And this is why:
The perks of working at Hilton go far beyond PTO and health insurance. As an employee, you get access to ridiculously cheap hotel rates. And when I say “cheap,” I mean The Waldorf Astoria for 75 bucks a night cheap. Normally, you’d pay anywhere from $300 – $1,500 per night to stay at this 5-star hotel. And when you can share your employee discounts with family and friends, everyone gets a slice of luxury for less.
Budget-friendly travel is hard to come by these days, so these employee travel perks pay off big time. If you’re wondering what else the Hilton employee discount has to offer, here’s everything we know:
1. The Hilton employee discount is known as the Go Hilton Team Member travel program.
Hilton employees (aka “Team Members”) get to benefit from hotel discounts through the Go Hilton Team Member travel program, which gives employees super low rates at a variety of Hilton hotels. Friends and family of Hilton employees also get to benefit from the program with special rates of their own.
2. Hilton employees get deeply discounted hotel rates (as low as $35 a night).
Through the Team Member travel program, Hilton employees get to stay at Hilton hotels and resorts for $35 – $75 a night. And compared to what you’d normally pay for these hotels, it’s a friggin’ steal.
These are the Team Member rates exclusive to Hilton employees:
- $35 per night: Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Home 2 Suites, and Tru by Hilton.
- $45 per night: Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, and Tapestry
- $55 per night: Curio, Canopy, and Hilton Grand Vacations
- $75 per night: Waldorf Astoria and Conrad
To use your Hilton employee discount, login at the Go Hilton booking site with your own Hilton Honors username and password. Employee rates aren’t always available for the dates you want to travel, so Hilton recommends employees search for single-night stays using the “My Dates are Flexible” feature.
3. Authorized Friends and Family get special rates with the Hilton employee discount, too.
If you have a friend or family member who works at Hilton, ask them to get you special rates ASAP! Why? Because Friends & Family rates are typically 35% – 50% off standard rates. Ca-ching!
4. Employees can book up to 30 nights per year at the Team Member rate and up to 70 nights at the Friends & Family rate.
Hilton employees can literally book a month’s worth of rooms at their Team Member rate per calendar year. So as far as rules and regulations go, you’re hardly restricted by this policy. Employees can also book up to 70 nights per calendar year at the Friends & Family rate.
Now, here’s where it gets a bit twisty:
Hilton employees can book up to two rooms under the Team Member rate for up to seven continuous nights. The same thing goes for the Friends & Family rate. But they can book two rooms under the Team Member rate for the first seven continuous nights, then book up to two rooms under the Friends & Family rate for another seven nights, for a total of 14 consecutive nights.
In simpler terms: Employees can mix and match their Team Member and Friends & Family rates to double the length of their stay and take advantage of the discounts for the whole two weeks.
5. You can even earn Hilton Honors points on top of the discounted employee rate.
Yes! You can earn Hilton Honors points on trips you book with your employee discount, and so can your family and friends.
As long as you book your stay with your Hilton Honors account (which you have to do anyway to get the discounted rates), you’ll earn points on your discounted booking.
6. Hilton employees also have access to “Extra Rates,” which are discounted rates offered by individual properties.
“Extra Rates” are offered by individual Hilton properties based on their overall business climate and reservation needs. These rates aren’t as deeply discounted as the Team Member rates, but there’s a perk that makes up for it: Extra Rates don’t count toward your 30-night Team Member maximum per calendar year.
When employees search for Hilton hotels, Extra Rates are labeled as “Extra Team Member” or “Extra Family-Friends” on the hotel listing.
7. You can still use the employee discount even after you stop working with Hilton.
Heck yeah! Hilton employees get to benefit from discounted rates even after they stop working at Hilton. Here’s how that works:
- Employees at Hilton for 10 – 20 years: You’ll get to book at the Friends & Family rate for up to 70 nights per year for life.
- Employees at Hilton for over 20 years: You’ll get the same benefits as current employees for life (30 Team Member nights per year and 70 Friends & Family nights per year).
8. On top of discounted nightly rates, Hilton team members get these other employee benefits:
Hilton offers employees a suite of benefits, including their particularly generous parental leave policy.
These are some of the other Hilton employee benefits:
- Paid time off
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision coverage
- Debt-free education
- Tuition assistance
- Retirement account options
- Disability insurance
- FSAs and HSAs