Wanna know where to find the L.OL. Surprise! deals for the glamorous grade-schoolers in your life this year? Not sure how to tell the fake L.O.L. Surprise! Dolls apart from the real ones? No worries — I’m here to help you find the best deals on L.O.L. Surprise! Dolls in 2020.
Pssst… don’t forget to check out KCL’s L.O.L. Surprise! deals page while you’re here.
1. Buy the L.O.L. Surprise! Remix Super Surprise now before prices go through the roof.
If you’re not on the bandwagon yet, you’ve been snoozing. Hard. L.O.L. Surprise! debuted their Big Surprise toy in 2017 and it was a roaring success — it sold out in stores long before Christmas and went for hundreds more on eBay soon after.
They’ve upped the ante each year since, and 2020 is no different. On Oct. 8, they released their latest edition, the L.O.L. Surprise! Remix Super Surprise for $129.99. Based on last year’s sales, this one could easily surpass retail value quick. Here’s where you can snag one:
- L.O.L. Surprise! Remix Super Surprise at Target for $129.99
- L.O.L. Surprise! Remix Super Surprise at Walmart for $119.00
- L.O.L. Surprise! Remix Super Surprise at Amazon for $119.00
PRO TIP: Prices for the L.O.L. Surprise! Amazing Surprise are fluctuating like mad. Download the KCL app to keep up with the crazy.
2. Find a better price on the toy during Black Friday, return it, and re-purchase it.
As long as you have the toy in hand and your original receipt, Santa won’t come up empty handed because he was holding out for a better deal. If you stumble upon a sale during Black Friday, return the toy and repurchase it at the sale price! Most stores won’t have any problem with this, as long as you’re within the return window. (But first, check each store’s return policy for the number of days from purchase.)
3. Buy LAST year’s L.O.L Surprise! hot toy right after Christmas THIS year.
After Christmas 2019, the 2018 L.O.L. Surprise! Bigger Surprise toy dropped from $129 to just $89 in some stores! L.O.L. Surprise! are such a smash that many of them go on to be collector’s items later.
My advice? Buy last year’s hottest item and you’ll get it for a bargain price, or sell it on eBay later to pocket a pretty penny.
2019’s hottest item was the L.O.L. Surprise! Bigger Surprise, which you can find here:
- L.O.L. Bigger Surprise at Walmart for $89
- L.O.L. Bigger Surprise at Amazon (Amazon Winter Disco Exclusive) for $89
4. Shop Target Black Friday for L.O.L. Surprise! deals.
The L.O.L. Surprise! Black Friday deals start coming out in November and continue through the Christmas season. Look for brand-specific toy coupons, like 5-10% off L.O.L. Surprise! in the Target app.
Look for the L.O.L. Surprise! Black Friday 2020 deals also in Target’s yearly ad. We found the L.O.L Surprise! Amazing Surprise on sale for $99.99 (reg. $129.99) in 2019. You can also use your RedCard to get an extra 5% off. For example, the L.O.L. Surprise! Amazing Surprise was originally $129.99 on sale for $99.99 and $95 with the RedCard.
5. Amazon L.O.L. Surprise deals are the most aggressive deals on the hottest toys.
In 2019 alone, KCL posted 44 L.O.L. Surprise! deals and 20 of those were from Amazon. The other 22 were from stores like Walmart, Target, Costco and Best Buy.
PRO TIP: Have CamelCamelCamel.com alert you when Amazon prices drop. Look up the product on Amazon and paste the URL into the CamelCamelCamel.com search bar. From there you can track the item and set an email alert when it hits your rock bottom, pre-set price.
6. Buy used L.O.L. Surprise! dolls on eBay.com if you’re looking for a particular one.
If your kiddo is looking for a specific L.O.L. doll and you don’t want to buy all Target has in stock just to find it, try eBay. You might have to create makeshift packaging for your little one to open, but at least you avoid the inevitable meltdown when it’s not the right doll! But be warned, eBay can be pricey and usually isn’t a great deal. This is just if you’re desperate.
RELATED: Hottest Toys of 2020
7. Don’t believe the urban legends about the codes on the boxes.
Some L.O.L. Surprise! Kits come with the same dolls and accessories every time, like the L.O.L. Surprise! Big Surprise, L.O.L. Surprise! Glitter Factory and the L.O.L. Surprise! 2-in-1 Glamper.
As for the other toys, which are an actual surprise every time, urban legend has it that the codes above the UPC symbols on the boxes indicate which doll is inside. That myth has been busted, so don’t test it and wind up disappointed.
8. Swap with friends so you don’t have duplicates.
Since you really can’t predict what dolls you’ll get with these products, it’s inevitable that at some point you’ll get a double. Have an L.O.L. doll swap party with your children and their friends so everyone can get a good array of dolls without buying more.
Try looking up local Facebook groups made for selling and trading L.O.L. dolls.
9. Use the Amazon app to request a price match at Target or Best Buy.
If you find a better deal on Amazon but don’t want to wait for your toy to arrive, take advantage of price matching.
Use the Amazon app to scan the toy at Target or Best Buy and show Amazon’s lower price to the customer service desk. They’ll match Amazon’s price.
Note: This little trick doesn’t work at Walmart, because Walmart no longer offers price matching.
RELATED: Do These Stores Price Match Amazon?
10. Save at least 3% by purchasing gift cards on Gift Card Granny and Raise.com.
11. Save $16 a year on the L.O.L. Surprise! subscription box with the annual plan.
We have subscription boxes for everything these days—from books to food and everything in between.
The L.O.L. Surprise! subscription box includes exclusive products only available through the subscription. You get four boxes a year at $38 per shipment with the annual plan, or $38 per shipment with the quarterly plan. Both have a $7 shipping fee in America. It’s also available on Amazon with free shipping, but it’s $40 for your first box and $45 per box after every three months.
The L.O.L. Surprise Subscription Box includes 6-8 items:
- Official L.O.L. Surprise! doll, pet or little sister
- Toys (costumes, plushies, squishies, etc.)
- Accessories (purse, totes, pins, etc.)
- Apparel (m-shirts, pants, beanies, etc.)
- Homewares (mugs, tumblers, towels, etc.)
- Stationery (notebooks, journals, folders, etc.)
12. Make DIY outfits for the dolls instead of purchasing more accessories.
Are you a crocheter or a wiz when it comes to needle and thread? Make your own outfits for the L.O.L. dolls for next to nothing. If you already sew or crochet, chances are you have small bits of fabric or yarn leftover, which are perfect for making new outfits that only your kids’ dolls will have!
Sift through Pinterest for some great free L.O.L. doll patterns!
13. Check the packaging to spot fake L.O.L. Surprise! dolls.
All real L.O.L. dolls should have “L.O.L. Surprise!” and “MGA Entertainment, Inc.” or “MGA” on the outside packaging.
A common fake is “LQL Surprises,” so pay close attention to the brand name—how it’s spelled and correct punctuation.
The L.O.L. dolls only come in surprise balls. If the Surprise! Doll in the plastic ball comes in a box, it’s not a real L.O.L. doll. The packaging should also not reveal the exact doll on the outside of the packaging, because then, of course, it’s not a Surprise.
14. Recycle your toys and packages with L.O.L. Surprise! Recycle for free.
L.O.L. Surprise! partnered up with the recycle company Terracycle to reduce the trash from all the L.O.L. Surprise! Packaging. The accessories, dolls and packaging can all be recycled by printing out the free Terracycle shipping label and mailing it in!
Hey there, don’t worry about scrolling up! We have all the articles mentioned above right here:
- L.O.L. Surprise! deals
- 26 Insane Benefits to Becoming an Amazon Prime Member
- 12 Retailers That Price Match Amazon
- Here’s How to Save Big by Buying Toys from Target
- The 15 Hottest Toys Predicted to Sell Out this Christmas
UP NEXT: How to Shop Black Friday Deals: Your Ultimate Cheat Sheet