Smart shopping has never been a more important skill to flex. Getting acquainted with a good price comparison app helps to cut the confusion out of the concept for everyone (including smart shopping newbies). As retailers continue crowding the marketplace and prices fluctuate, every tool in your kit is necessary to get the best deals possible.
You can do this with a price check. See something at Target that seems like a good deal but you can’t help wondering if Amazon sells it for less? There’s an app for that. Using a price comparison app or site becomes second nature, just another part of the shopping experience. It’s a strategy to ensure you’re not getting gouged.
The very best way to get low prices every time you shop is by downloading The Krazy Coupon Lady app. We’ll show you where the deals are and how to get them.
1. Amazon app
If you’re like the rest of us, you do a lot of Amazon shopping. So why not compare prices at other retailers against the beast themself?
The Amazon app only shows you what Amazon’s price is for an item you do a price check on. (Versus some of these other options that show you multiple stores’ pricing.) Inside the Amazon shopping app, tap the camera icon in the search bar at the top. Then tap “Barcode” to scan.
Here’s what else the Amazon app can do:
- Performs price comparisons in more than one way. Yes, by scanning a code. But you can also snap a photo, speak the product name into your phone, or type the item in the search bar.
- Offers Prime shipping for any orders you place (if you’re an Amazon Prime member).
- Sometimes offers first-time users a coupon.
Related: Check out all of these Amazon Prime Member benefits.
The ShopSavvy app is awesome because you can scan items at a store and it’ll show you the same product at other retailers, plus what price each is selling it for. Use this information to ask for another retailer’s price if you’re shopping at a store that offers price matching (like Target, Best Buy, and more).
Here’s what else the ShopSavvy app can do:
- In addition to scanning barcodes at the store, you can check prices on items online.
- If you’re shopping in another app, you can share items to ShopSavvy for a price check.
- Prefer to shop on your Mac? Enable ShopSavvy on Safari.
Related: Here are the best couponing apps for saving money.
3. Price Grabber
While not technically a price comparison app, Price Grabber offers price comparisons on dozens of categories of items, like clothing, electronics, beauty, and more. The site offers price checks on items from over 12,000 retailers and merchants.
You’ll need to access this one on desktop in order to search, which has potential to be slightly more cumbersome than scanning a barcode.
Here’s what else the Price Grabber can do:
- Send you weekly specials if you sign up for emails.
4. Buy Via
Similar to ShopSavvy, Buy Via is a price comparison app with a barcode scanner that you use to see competitor’s pricing in your vicinity.
This app does a lot of what The Krazy Coupon Lady app does, except we think our app does a much better job of delivering deals. (Sure, we might be biased, but we don’t think so!)
Here’s what else the Buy Via app can do:
- Sends out the hottest daily deals.
- Allows you to create a shopping list.
- Gives you the option to set up deal alerts.
When you use the Price.com app and scan a barcode, you’ll immediately see the lowest price available for the item.
Here’s what else the Price.com app can do:
- Set a price you want to buy items at and when there’s a price drop, Price.com will alert you.
- Offers coupons and coupon codes.
- Get cash back when you shop through the app (ie: 5% cash back on your Target purchase).
6. Scan Life
Scan Life is more for learning about products than for doing price checks as a price comparison app. Although it does allow you to do a price check in a bit of a more roundabout way. It’s similar to entering the product into a search engine. When you scan a code, Scan Life sends you to search results.
Here’s what else the Scan Life app can do:
- Unlock produce information, ingredients, health scores, and more.
- Get information about places that sell that item in your area.