Groupon has popularized the concept of the daily deal site, leaving consumers eager to find more ways to enjoy big savings at local businesses. Similar companies have quickly sprung up to meet that demand, but many are limited in the deals they can provide. Half Off Depot is one of these competitors, and although it still hasn't quite gained the popularity of Groupon or Sweetjack, the offers are definitely worth checking out.
With Half Off Depot, you can save on everything from cupcake-decorating classes to a zip line session, paying only half for each item. In addition to these adventure-based deals, you can enjoy discounts on things you need on a regular basis, such as oil changes, pet grooming, pest control, car washes, housecleaning and much more.
How does it work?
Like Groupon, with Half Off Depot you simply pay the site a low fee in exchange for a voucher that provides a value with a limit. For instance, you might pay $10 for a $20 meal at a local restaurant. If your bill exceeds that total, you'll pay the overage.
To get started, go to their site and choose "Change City" from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. Once you've selected your area, you can navigate to deals by category or you can search for deals using the box at the top. Unlike other daily deal sites, you don't have to provide an email address or sign up in order to browse the deals at Half Off Depot. In fact, you won't be prompted for information until you purchase your first deal.
How to get the most from Half Off Depot
Here are some great ways to put Half Off Depot to work for you:
- Hairstylist-hop. If you're willing to try out new hairstylists every six weeks, you can often find Half Off Depot deals for haircuts or hair coloring.
- Don't waste money on unused deals. Daily deal sites like Half Off Depot can become costly if you buy deals you never use. Before you click that button, ask yourself honestly if this is a deal your family will utilize. If you should happen to become stuck with a Half Off Depot voucher you can't use, a site like CoupRecoup can give you a chance at selling your deal and recouping part of your loss.
- Choose deals in your area. If a half-off deal requires you to drive 60 miles out of your way, by the time you factor in gas and the value of your time, you likely would have been better off to stay close to home.
- Note your current expenses. As you look at your current family budget, look at the areas where you're spending the most money. Then tailor your deal searches to help reduce those costs.
- Become an affiliate. Half Off Depot affiliates place a banner or text link on their website or blog in exchange for a percentage of the profits.
- Be sure to do your research before purchasing a deal. That company offering housekeeping could have dozens of complaints with the Better Business Bureau. The one-hour massage could be at a spa suffering from years of neglect. Proceed with caution on Half Off Depot. Choose only recognized retailers, and if you're interested in making a major purchase, stick with a trusted name like Groupon. Half Off Depot has quite a few complaints online due to vendors' failure to deliver. Because of this, it might be wise to order only local services and restaurant deals through Half Off Depot, saving merchandise purchases for other daily deal sites.
Half Off Depot is one of many daily deal sites that have become popular with cost-cutting consumers. As with any deal site, however, it's important to do your research and make sure the price you're getting is truly a good deal.