Put these Mexican Chili Bites on your Super Bowl menu this year—you’ll be glad you did! They’re quick, easy and packed full of flavor.
Mini Mexican Chili Bites
3 –4 flour tortillas – $0.41
2 (15 oz) cans chili, all liquid drained off – $1.56
1 cup shredded cheese – $1.25
1 small can sliced black olives – $0.98
3 green onions, sliced – $0.21
1/2 cup sour cream – $0.41
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Use a cookie cutter or an inverted drinking glass to cut circles out of tortillas. Place all tortilla circles in microwave, and heat for 10 seconds to soften.
2. Press a warm tortilla circle into each cup of a mini-muffin pan.
3. Add a spoonful of chili to each tortilla. Top with grated cheese, olives, onions, or any other toppings you desire.
4. Place the tray into the oven for 10–12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the shell is light brown.
5. Put a dollop of sour cream on each cup and serve warm.
Yields: 24 mini cups
Total Cost: $4.82