I could pump you up about all the Dollar Tree Black Friday deals to look for next year. But you should know that their Black Friday deals are more like a season-long event at Dollar Tree. And the prices aren’t gonna drop any lower than $1.25 per item — or maybe $1 for a few of the Dollar Tree rollbacks on select items like candy, spices, and canned goods.
Since Black Friday isn’t a one-and-done sale at Dollar Tree, they’re not on our list of the absolute best Black Friday sales you should shop. Regardless, a sale is a sale, and we’re here to give you the full scoop on all the details you need to know so you can save the most money possible on your Dollar Tree haul.
If you do plan to shop over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend at Dollar Tree, keep in mind that their store hours and opening times may vary by location.
Text SAVE to 57299 and receive real-time text alerts when Black Friday deals go live.
Best Deals from the Dollar Tree Black Friday Sale in 2023
These deals were available Nov. 12 – 23, 2023, at Dollar Tree stores.
- Gingerbread Men or House Kit, $1.25
- Festive Floral or Vases, $1.25
- Ornaments, $1.25
- 2 for $1 Hallmark Holiday Greeting Cards
- Holiday Wall Signs or Decor, $1.25
- Bottle Brush Trees, $1.25
- Tsum Tsum Plush Pals, $1.25
- Miniature Board Games, $1.25
1. When is the Dollar Tree Black Friday sale?
Heads up — Dollar Tree doesn’t actually lower their prices for Black Friday. The prices you see year-round are what you’re gonna get during Thanksgiving week.
And starting in 2022, Dollar Tree raised their prices from the intuitive $1 per product up to $1.25 per product. But we saw some $1 items return in 2023 as Dollar Tree started to roll back prices for certain items like candy, canned goods, and spices.
2. Is Dollar Tree open on Black Friday?
Yes, Dollar Tree stores are open on Black Friday. Hours can vary by location, but many Dollar Tree locations will have extended hours on Black Friday.
What are Dollar Tree’s Thanksgiving hours in 2024?
Dollar Tree Thanksgiving hours may vary depending on location, but generally speaking, we’re expecting Dollar Tree to be open on Thanksgiving Day in 2024. In fact, some locations may even run extended hours.
3. When does the Dollar Tree Black Friday ad drop?
They usually release the ad on their website about two Sundays before Black Friday.
Honestly, you don’t have to wait for the Black Friday ad, though. Dollar Tree stores start putting out their holiday items as early as Labor Day. There are certain decor lines that get released closer to Thanksgiving, but for the most part, the holiday sales start in September.
If you’re signed up to receive Dollar Tree emails, you’ll usually get a sneak peek of upcoming sales.
4. When do the Dollar Tree early Black Friday deals begin?
Many Dollar Tree “Black Friday” deals on holiday items go live around Labor Day, and prices are always $1.25.
So if you see something you like, scoop it up when you see it. There’s really no point in waiting because it’s not going to get any cheaper.
TIP: You can buy most items either online or in store, but there are certain product lines — like the Cobblestone Corners Winter Village 62-Piece Set — that are only available online.
5. What were the best deals from last year’s Black Friday sale?
The most popular items to shop during Dollar Tree Black Friday sales are seasonal items like Christmas decor or leftover items from fall.
Here’s a sampling of some of the best and most popular finds:
- Cobblestone Corners Christmas Village, $1.25 each
- Cobblestone Corners Christmas Village, 62 Piece Set, $32.50
- Christmas House Giant 32-Inch Plastic Candy Canes, $1.25
- Christmas Gift Wrap, $1.25
- Christmas House Holiday-Themed Gnome, $1.25
- Christmas House Plush Elf, $1.25
- Snugadoo Fuzzy Socks, $1.25
- Christmas Stockings, $1.25
- Christmas House Kitchen Linens, $1.25
6. Most — but not all — of their Black Friday deals are also available online.
For the most part, you can access all the same deals online as you can in-store. There are a few product lines listed in the Black Friday ad that you can only find in-store.
Keep in mind that many Dollar Tree online deals come with a minimum quantity number. Usually, this number is somewhere in the 20 – 30 range. That means while you can score individual pieces for $1.25, you may need to spend $25 – $37.50+ to score that rate.
And unfortunately, you can’t use coupons when shopping online at Dollar Tree.
TIP: You won’t be able to exchange any items you purchase on DollarTree.com. You can only exchange items you buy in store.
7. You have to buy in bulk for many Dollar Tree Black Friday deals.
There are tons of individual holiday items you can get for $1.25 regardless of quantity.
But some of Dollar Tree’s most coveted holiday items require you to buy in bulk. For example, that popular Christmas Village line requires a minimum purchase of 27 individual items to score the $1.25 price.
If you’re super into Christmas villages, that might be worth it to you. But it’s not like you can just walk out with one piece — you’re going to need to spend a minimum of $33.75.
8. All sales are final per the Dollar Tree return policy, but you can exchange holiday items (if you do it quickly).
The Dollar Tree return policy gives you forever to exchange anything — except for holiday items. You can only exchange holiday items while there are still holiday items out on the floor.
That means that if you want to exchange something you bought during Black Friday, you should plan on exchanging it before the last week of December or earlier.