Over the years, I’ve been in six weddings, attended more than a few charity galas, and I’ve tackled several "bucket list" athletic events requiring special clothing and gear.
Keeping these costs manageable got much easier when I discovered online clothing rental retailers. Whether you need rental attire for yourself, your spouse, or your next ski trip (including the kids!) these online retailers can help!
Women: Clothing rental list
LeTote is touted as the "Rent the Runway" alternative for women who want business and casual clothing rental options. You can rent just garments, garments and accessories, or just jewelry.
- Website: http://letote.com
- Focus: A jewelry box includes 3 pieces for $19 per month. A Boutique box includes three garments and two accessories for $49 per month. Retail box values are around $200 per box.
- Perks: Stylists curate each box based on your style preferences, and you can return and exchange a box an unlimited number of times monthly. Shipping is free both ways and you get a $10 credit when you sign up and more credits when you refer friends.
Billed as "clothing without commitment," GwynnieBee makes it so easy to shop for affordable clothes you’ll love that will fit perfectly. You can save as much as 50% off retail prices for a wardrobe that never gets old.
- Website: https://closet.gwynniebee.com
- Focus: Plus size (sizes 10-32) clothing line for rent.
- Perks: Unlimited wardrobe options and exchanges, and prices start at just $35 per month (for one item rental per month that can be worn and exchanged unlimited times during the month). You can also enter to win valuable freebies and prizes worth up to $5,000.
3. Mine for Nine
Mine for Nine is your go-to resource during your pregnancy. You can stay stylish without investing in a permanent maternity wardrobe—what's not to love?
- Website: http://www.minefornine.com
- Focus: Maternity wear (casual, business, formal) throughout your pregnancy.
- Perks: When you outgrow one size, just exchange it for the next size up—no extra cost! If you fall in love with a piece, you can always purchase it. And you can participate in additional offers—like discounts if you share your opinion with other site users.
Men: Clothing rental list
1. The Mr. Collection
The Mr. Collection makes it super easy to try new styles without having to go shopping yourself. Just fill out a very brief style profile and let the stylists assemble your rental wardrobe.
- Website: http://www.themrcollection.com
- Focus: Clothing (casual to business) for men who want to look stylish but don't have time to or interest in shopping. Each pack is mailed on the 10th of the month.
- Perks: Save up to 40% on retail for clothing. Free shipping both ways.
2. Thread Tred
Thread Tred is a simple program to keep your wardrobe fresh and updated with minimal effort.
- Website: http://www.threadtread.com
- Focus: Prices range from $50 to $100 per month (depending on how many items you want to rent at a time).
- Perks: Shipping is free both ways. You’ll get a personal phone consultation with a stylist as part of your subscription.
3. Fresh Neck
Fresh Neck is all about men's accessories, from traditional ties to bow ties, cufflinks to pocket squares. This is the perfect solution for those "wear once" occasions.
- Website: https://freshneck.com
- Focus: Subscriptions start at just $20 per month.
- Perks: Refer a friend and get a $10 credit. Shipping is free both ways.
Specialty: Rent ski wear!
1. Get Outfitted
Going skiing? No need to buy all that pricey gear (or rent it for inflated prices at your destination). Get Outfitted can outfit you for as little as $30-$40 per day (a package includes goggles, gloves, pants and jacket) AND take care of delivery and return.
- Website: http://getoutfitted.com
- Focus: Rent ski wear in convenient rental packages for adults and kids.
- Perks: Have your clothing shipped directly to your hotel or ski resort (and shipping is free both ways)—so no need to pack, check, and pay for all that extra baggage!
- Save more: Get a 10% discount plus a VIP goodie bag on your first order by joining the email list.
- Limitations: U.S.A. only.