This contains tips that may no longer be active, but check out more helpful articles for more up-to-date tips and tricks on how to save money when planning your next trip!
The travel deals right now are kind of insane. jetBlue Airlines’ Tick-Tock Sale is offering some great prices on round-trip flights, domestic and international.
1. Get flights as low as $59 one way if you book by Dec. 18, 2019!
All of the round-trip airfares include taxes and fees. Here are some great deals:
- Boston to San Diego $114
- Los Angeles to NYC $149
- New York City to the Grand Cayman Islands $109
2. jetBlue’s Flight Sale is for Blue Basic Fares, which have serious limitations.
- No checked bags
- One carry-on; one personal item
- Select your seat 24 hours before your flight only
- Last one to board
- Free Wifi, but the slowest one
- If you cancel, you forfeit your fare. No refunds or credits
- No changes
- Points earned, only 1 per dollar as opposed to 3 per dollar
3. Book a flight and hotel package on JetBlueVacations.com and save even more.
If you click the hotel link on the jetBlue Travel sale page, you get rerouted to jetBlue Vacations. If you book through this site, you get access to 24/7 travel concierge support by calling 1-844-JB-VACAY (528-2229). Basically, hotel nights are near free with your flights, if you book for two adults. Check out these deals:
- Boston to San Diego RT $114. With a two-night stay in a four-star hotel for two adults: $698.19 including airfare!
- Los Angeles to NYC $149 RT. With a two-night stay in a four-star hotel for two adults: $612.48 including airfare!
- New York City to Grand Caymans $109 RT. With a three-night stay for two adults: $625 including airfare!
4. Read the fine print if you book a hotel!
When I tried to book a flight plus hotel on JetBlueVacations.com, all of the hotels had this written in the fine print, “Excludes $___ Resort Fee due at the hotel.” The fee was almost $400!
When I called, the customer service agent at the hotel assured me that it was not a fee per day, but a one-time fee at check-in. So, be sure to factor this into your price.
The hotel is also not refundable.
5. You must travel on jetBlue between Jan. 8 and March 31, 2020.
Post holiday season, we all know, is the best time of year to travel in terms of deals.
6. Blackout dates are Jan. 17 – Jan. 20, Feb. 13 – Feb. 24, 2020.
That means no travel on Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend or Presidents’ weekend. Bummer that you can’t take advantage of a paid work holiday or the kids being out of school. But, you only live once, right?