Yuupon travel deals have been around for a few months now, but recently they have undergone a total revamping. The weekly specials still work similarly to Groupon and offer savings of 50 percent and more over standard hotel, car rental and airline rates. Similar to Priceline, the name and exact location for many of the the hotels or attractions aren’t revealed until you purchase the deal, although you are given an approximate location and a star rating.
What’s New at Yuupon
Here are a few of the changes at Yuupon:
- Specials are changed daily, not just weekly.
- Offerings now include theme park tickets and other attractions, cruises, car rentals and vacation packages, not just hotels.
- You have the opportunity to increase your savings by sharing the deal with your friends (real and virtual), similar to how Living Social works.
- Deals don’t have a set expiration date and expire when a predetermined number of rooms, cars, tickets, etc. are purchased.
- The new Yuupon works a lot like a search engine, kind of a cross between Groupon and Expedia.com.
To give you an idea of the savings, here is a sampling of yesterday’s Yuupon deals:
1. Universal Studios, Florida – One night’s accommodation for two adults and up to two children at the Holiday Inn Express in Orlando near Universal Studios for $60/night. The hotel offers free parking, free daily breakfast, and a free shuttle to and from Universal Studios and the Walt Disney World parks. Book and travel by June 25, 2012.
2. Miami Zoo admission – Adult admission tickets for $14.06 (a $15.95 value.)
3. Boston City Pass – Adult pass for $40.59 (a $46 value or more when compared to individual admission prices.) Pass includes admission to New England Aquarium, Museum of Science, Skywalk Observatory at the Prudential Center, Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and your choice of admission to Harvard Museum of Natural History OR RevolutionaryBoston at the Old State House during a nine-day period.
To take advantage of one of these deals, visit the Yuupon Website. As with all of these sites, make sure that you read the fine print and restrictions before you give them your credit card number. The expiration for each deal is listed with the details. If you see something you like, book quickly. These deals tend to sell out fast.
Have you used Yuupon yet? Tell us about your experience.